Saturday, June 8, 2019

Sweet Treats

Decided to make another Lift Card to enter into the current Do-Al[l] Creative challenge. I'd never seen one of these cards, but the DTs great sample cards inspired me. You can see them HERE.] I used a sweet image from The Paper Shelter named, "The Final Touch," which I colored with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. After attaching the image to a tag, I attached it to the front of the card with a red heart brad. I also added a little tab on the tag that says "Slide" and has an arrow, which my hubby suggested I provide on my lift cards [since he didn't realize that there was anything under the tag when I shared my first card.]  The sentiment under the tag is a freebie from a site named "Useless Trinkets" [you can find it HERE.] The sentiment on the inside of the card was upcycled from an old birthday card. Almost forgot to note- the yummy icecream digi paper is from a fun packet of papers from Imagine That Digi Stamps named "Ice Cream Parlour.". You can find them HERE.
 
Entered into: 
The Paper Shelter- #386 Birthday Boy
Do-Al[l] Creative- Lift Card                                                                                     

Cute Card Thursday- #585 Anything Goes

Cute As A Button-#45 Anything Goes [no twist]     

I wanted to make another card to enter into the Bugaboo Anything Goes challenge… but… umm… let’s just say it didn't turn out as planned. I used a Bugaboo image named "Chibi Cupcake Peeker", and everything was going okay until I colored the cupcake. I planned to make a chocolate cupcake. Sounds easy enough, right?  Well… it wasn't. I tried chalks, watercolor pencils and finally Spectrum Noir markers. The end result doesn't look very edible. The little Chibi actually looks afraid to stand next to it! In truth, it kind of reflects my baking skills. Our dogs used to love it when they heard the mixer running in the kitchen because it often meant that they'd get dog treats. In other words, whatever I made wasn't usually fit for human consumption! [I will be sending this card to my younger sister who often teases me about my "baking skills." She will get a chuckle from it.] The fun sentiment is a freebie from TLC Creations. You can find it HERE
Entered into: 
Bugaboo Stamp- Stella Says Sketch Challenge #711                                      

Bugaboo Stamps- Anything Goes             

Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                                       

The current Simon Says Monday challenge theme is Wedding/Anniversary. When organizing my stash I found this wonderful filigree cross with tassel that was actually a cake decoration from a christening. The sentiments are computer generated, with those on the front printed onto vellum that includes little metallic flecks and threads. [You can see them a little in the cropped photo.] The white paper mounted under the vellum on the front is the center of a square doily, left over after I cut the edges off for other cards. [One of those cards is the little Bugaboo cupcake card in the post above.]
 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Wedding/Anniversary
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #390#391 Anything Goes                    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards. That cupcake girl is too cute. Love the TLC sentiment. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Anything Goes and the Stella Says Sketch Challenges, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa Lynn, thanks for mentioning the TLC sentiment. Made me realize that I forgot to give credit to Paulette for her work. I usually provide a link but guess that I wasn't as alert as I thought when I posted this at 2 AM? I just edited the posting so the link is there now. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, love all your cards! Great sentiment for the cup peeker and yes she does look afraid to be by it, lol but I think your cupcake turned out great! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's anything goes challenge! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation… but wrong for our challenge! You must need 3 tags - 1 on the front and 2 inside! Please read the description how to create this theme!

    Many thanks
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doris. I was so excited to see a new technique that I didn't read the requirements correctly. I'll delete my entries and try to find time to give it another try. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card with the gold filigree and gold accents! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards look fabulous! Love that little birthday image at the top card as he's ready to slam that cherry on top of his treat!! LOL! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards and papers. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cupcake girl card (especially your story about it). Great sentiment!
    Thanks for joining the Stella Says Sketch challenge.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, good job! Thank you for joining Cute As A Button's challenge #45.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!