Saturday, June 22, 2019

Paws and Pears

I enjoyed being a Guest DT for Beccy Muir at Beccy's Place last year, so was thrilled when she invited me back to be part of her new concept, inviting several of us to be "Contributors" on her site. Every few months I receive a new "assignment" using a new digi set and can decide if I want to accept the assignment or pass on it. [Cue the "Mission Impossible" theme song.]  This assignment was to use the adorable set named "Paw Prints" to create several items. If you visit Beccy's Place you can see all the items I created. [HERE and you can find the digi set  HERE.]  I'll be providing details for two of my creations on this post, and two more on my next post.

This gorgeous Golden Retriever was colored with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. I made this card for a friend whose Golden, named Siri, is getting a little "grey" so added more white highlights than normal… especially on her muzzle. I love the look of this pretty background paper with Siri's golden coat. The sentiment is also from the digi set.
Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #78 Hip to be Square                                      
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                                       

I made a gift bag by positioning four images of the Golden Retriever on a sheet of tan parchment copy paper. [I used a tutorial I found HERE to fold the bag. First, I used a blank sheet of white copy paper to wrap a few books until I determined the correct size and thickness that would work with the copy paper. Once I had figured that out, I sized and positioned the pup image, flipping the image to create a bit more interest on the front and back of the gift bag before printing it on tan parchment. I added just a bit of color with Spectrum Noir markers and chalks before using the tutorial and a bit of transparent tape to create the gift bag.] I made the gift tag with scraps, using a heart punch and small circle die to create the paw print. The final touches were to add patterned ribbon and one cute puffy heart sticker. So fun. AM entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says Monday Challenge, Transport It [because this gift bag was used to transport a gift of handmade cards to a dear friend.]
Entered into: 
Polkadoodles Challenge Week 24-Anything Goes                                          
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Use Your Scraps             
A2zscrapbooking Monthly Challenge- Anything But A Card         

Here is another card created with one of my beautiful PSX stamps that fill an entire card front. This one features a yummy pear with filigree borders, some lettering, and one cute little bee. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen before adding a cute little bee from All Night Media. I colored and fussy cut the little bee before attaching it to one of the pears with a foam adhesive dot.  A layer of pale green gingham paper and dark green mulberry paper provided the perfect addition of texture, pattern, and color to my card. 
Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #392-#393 Anything Goes                    


8 comments:

  1. I love your creations using Beccy's images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the PSX stamp, after seeing your beautiful card, I must play with some of mine. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with the dog on it. Funny that you made him a little bit grey 😊
    Your other card is also a great one.
    Karin
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects bu5 the doggy ones really caught my eye; great idea using parchment paper to create your gift bags ! ..... thanks for sharing at Polkadoodles this week; hugs Nelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The treat bag is so adorable!! Thanks for linking up to our June Challenge gallery at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabulous creation! The image is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. Great dogs. It is so great that you're playing with us at Polkadoodles. DT Beata

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute cards! Those pears caught my eye. The dogs are nice too! That gift bag & tag are very clever & such fun! Thanks for joining in at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!