Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Derek, Ted and Fishing Lures

It's Wednesday! So time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out! The sponsor this week is Dr. Digi and I used their fun image named "Nightcap Derek" who was just asking to be featured on a humorous Christmas Card. I colored Derek with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. To add some depth to the card, I cut around the top of the candle with an Exacto blade, punched circles from vellum [if you don't have yellow vellum, you can sponge yellow ink on the vellum to add the soft glow.] I also just had to add googly eyes because… well… because they are so fun to use.  The sentiment is computer generated and the thin star and tree on the inside are scraps from Christmas stickers. [I cut around the background that was left behind after the sticker was used. I am not called the "Queen of Upcycling" by my crafting friends for no reason. Ha.]
Am entering this into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Shapes [my card includes rectangles, circles, and stars] and Outlawz Saturday challenge- Around the World [where Santa will be traveling while Derek is wandering around the house in his jammies.]
 

Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Songs and Rhymes- Shapes
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Around the World         
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Googlie Eyes                                     
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                                       
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #440 Anything Goes                     

I recently won a challenge at Di's Digi Stamps and picked this sweet image, named "Daisy Chain Ted" as one of my prizes. He was so very fun to color with Spectrum Noir Markers and just a touch of  Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen on his nose and eyes. Isn't he just adorable? I adhered him to a Tri-fold Shutter card [tutorial can be found HERE] that was embellished with colorful patterned paper. In order to enter the card into the current challenge at Di's Digi Stamps, I added Liquid Pearl in white and copper to the daisies. I also added small dots of copper liquid pearl on the centers of the flowers on the background paper. Delicate addition that adds a bit of whimsy to the card. The daisy sentiment is a freebie from Handmade by Paula. [You can find it HERE.] Am entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says Monday [since I think it would make a wonderful Anniversary card.]
 
Entered into: 
Di’s Digi Stamps Add Glitter/Glitter Glue/Liquid Pearl                               
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Wedding/Anniversary
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #388-#389 Anything Goes                    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                                       
Polkadoodles Challenge Week 22-Anything Goes                                          

Since Father's Day is fast approaching lots of masculine challenges are popping up. I decided to put a fishing themed card together with items from my scrapbook stash. I used a scrap of an old map and a checked frame cut from patterned paper. The fishing lures are from a scrapbooking kit but I just had to dress them up a bit with a silver gel pen to add some gleam to the hooks. I also added some real pheasant feathers that I've had for a few decades [I know that because my husband's MS has prevented him from hunting since the late 1990s. Good thing these feathers didn't disintegrate or lose their color.] I attached the feathers to the flies with a small strip of double-stick tape. Then made them a bit more secure, while also adding a rustic touch by stapling the feathers to the paper. The sentiments are computer generated.  I also made a matching envelope from a South Dakota map, using an envelope template from Hot Off the Press.
Am entering this card into several challenges. All are self-explanatory except for Outlaws Tuesday Color Challenge [My card contains many of the soft pastels in the photo, plus I think the feathers resemble the ballerina's feathery tutu. I know it's a stretch… but doesn't that tutu look feathery?]
 
 
Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge – Ballerina Photo
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- Do It For the Dads

Cute Card Thursday- #584 Masculine

Bugaboo Stamps- Anything Goes             


7 comments:

  1. Yet another fabulous collection of creativity :D I just love the ditsy flower pattern on the teddy creation :D Thank you for sharing with us all at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun... all of them! Love the sentiment on the dad's day creation. :-) Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of cards, all so different but fun. Thank you for joining us over at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge https://polkadoodles.blogspot.com/ Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, all of these cards are super gorgeous! I especially love the one for the Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge where you made a masculine card with the map and feathers! You have such great ideas. The card with Derek and his googlie eyes is so cute and so is the adorable one with the teddy bear on the shutter card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! I'm a partial to night cap Fred and his bugged eyes! Thanks so much for joining us! Have a great week!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little bear card! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, Wonderful cards. Your bait card is great masculine card and has a terrific sense of humor. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!