Thursday, June 6, 2019

Bunny Love

For this weeks QKR Stampede Challenge, my DT card features two Eureka Stamps images, Smiling Bunny Digital Stamp [ES-digi24503] and Bunny Hugs digital stamp sentiment [ES-digi24502.] You can find them HERE. I used Spectrum Noir makers to add a bit of pink to the bunny's ears and nose, the colored the sentiments with various colors. The highlights were added with Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. Added a little texture with the ribbon, tail [made by cutting a small circle from white fun fur] and sewing whiskers on the cute face. [To prevent making mistakes, I first punched holes into the card where I wanted to sew the stitches. This made it simple to sew the stitched from both the front and back of the card. So fun.] The final touch was to add my favorite puffy heart stickers [from a pack I found at Walmart that contains 113 assorted puffy hearts for just 99 cents!]  Am entering this into several challenges, including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge [the colors, especially on the inside sentiment reflects the pastels in the photo.]
 
  
Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge – Ballerina Photo

Cute Card Thursday- #585 Anything Goes

2craftycrittercrazies Challenge- #27                                                                    

I've always enjoyed CAS cards, but find them hard to make. I tend toward layers, and fussy-cutting and lots of coloring. So, am challenging myself to make CAS cards more often… just to prove to myself that I CAN do it! This one went together very quickly. I used a free digi from papercrafts magazine. [You can find it HERE.] I built the color scheme around the plaid paper, printing the sentiment in dark blue and using scraps of rust and blue paper plus a strip of dark brown ribbon. [It looks black in the photo, but it is a deep, rich chocolate color. Maybe because I upcycled it from a Dove Chocolate box?] The inside sentiment is from a Beccy's Place digi set named "Just Desserts." You can find it HERE.
 
 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Masculine                                               
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                                       

My final card was created for the new Double D's challenge named "Rose Garden." I used an upcycled calendar page that features roses in a pretty teacup as the base for my card. I added a strip of border punched lace, and light blue dotted paper and a small oval frame cut from a scrap of coral colored paper. Lastly, I printed a computer generated sentiment onto vellum, then layered it atop the decorated card front, attaching it by looping a strip of sheer ribbon through two holes. [You can find instructions for this technique HERE.] Am entering this into several challenges, including Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes- Shapes [the card includes rectangles and an oval] and Outlawz Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Around the World [I am blessed with two wonderful sisters by birth, but also  have "sisters" all across the globe, partly due to this blog. I might not meet all of them face to face in this life, but I trust that our friendships will carry with us into eternity.]
Entered into: 
Double D’s Challenge- Rose Garden               
Outlawz Challenges- Sunday Songs and Rhymes- Shapes
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Flower or Ribbon      
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #390#391 Anything Goes                    
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Around the World



9 comments:

  1. Super cute smile :)

    Love you, Bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute bunny card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I haven't used vellum in a long time ... thanks for beautiful inspiration Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Rose Garden’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little bunny hugs card. So cute and very creative sewing the whiskers on too. Precious and pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card and oc course love the vellum! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous cards, especially love the Father's Day one.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge with this lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, all of then. I love the verse on the Sisters one, really rings true for me. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Rose Garden Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!