Saturday, June 22, 2019

Cuteness Overload

I've always loved this adorable Unicorn digi from Bugaboo so just had to make a card with him for Bugaboo's current BINGO challenge. I colored the image with light pastel Spectrum Noir markers-grey for shading plus rainbow colors in his main and tail. When dry, I used a Sakura Gelly Roll white marker to add texture to his mane and tail. I sponged light pastel inks onto a rainbow stencil that I had cut from a scrap of acetate with an Exacto knife. The sentiments are computer generated, and the buttons are from my stash. The card fit into the right Bingo column- Button, Bugaboo digi and sentiment.
 
Entered into: 

Bugaboo Stamps- Bingo           

Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    

I'm glad that I have several PSX stamps in my collection as they make such beautiful cards, especially their floral stamps. I had fun pairing the lovely purples in these lilacs', cardstock and mulberry paper with the bold orange of the Monarch butterfly.  The flowers and insect are both colored with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. Am entering this card into several challenges including the current Butterfly challenge where my card meets one of the colors required [granny smith green] and one of the themes [includes a butterfly.]  
Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Songs and Rhymes- Saturday in the Park

The Sisterhood of Crafters- Three B's (birds, bees, butterflies - use any or all)       

Cute Card Thursday- #587 Summer

Butterfly Challenge- #123 Letter G for Gate Fold                 

My final card for this post features an adorable image named "Girl Dancing" from Kinda Cute by Patricia Alveraz. I can almost hear the little cutie's giggles as she teases her daddy. Doesn't she look like she is ready to dance with her Hero? I colored the little dancer with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. The sentiments are computer generated and the background vintage music sheet is a freebie from HERE.
Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #392-#393 Anything Goes                    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                                       
Kinda Cute by Patricia Alveraz- Anything Goes      

5 comments:

  1. Kathy wonderful cards. Love your coloring of your unicorn. Like that rainbow. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug BINGO challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That orange butterfly is just beautiful on your purple lilacs! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and the mulberry paper contrasts perfectly with the image. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!