Friday, June 14, 2019

Old and New

This week's sponsor at the Colour Crazy Challenge is A Createful Heart. As a DT I enjoy having a choice of which image to color… and this week I selected a wonderful masculine image named, appropriately, "Worn Out Truck."  You can find it HERE. I created a textured rusty look by first coloring the image with Tombow watercolor markers, mostly green with some rusty brown patches.  Then I dipped a brush in water and painted over the card, adding extra water on the brown areas. While wet, I sprinkled regular table salt on over the card, making sure to cover it well. I allowed the card to dry then brushed the remaining salt from the card.  Created an interesting look. [Note, to keep the card from buckling, while it was drying, I placed it in an old phone book [remember those?] and added a few books on top of that. The phone book captured any wayward salt so it wasn't too messy.] I then added some final highlights on the wheels and grill with silver and white gel pens. The sentiment is computer generated.
 
Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #390-#391 Anything Goes                    

My second card for this post has a totally opposite feeling. It is pastel and lovely vs rusty and masculine.  I used an old wood mount stamp from All Night Media named La Dee Da Wedding, to stamp the image onto glossy white cardstock. I fussy cut the image, then added a few pastel colors with Tombow markers. I then layered the couple onto a corner of a 12x12 sheet of scrapbook paper. Finished the card by adding a few strips of ribbon and tying two nice bows to accent the happy scene. The sentiment is from a little husband and wife stamp making duo that used to sell their rubber stamps at hobby shows in South Dakota in the late 1990s. Their business was named Peterson Stamps and I used to design images for them. Really nice people.] 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Wedding/Anniversary                       
The Paper Shelter- #387 Ribbons and Buttons
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                                       


5 comments:

  1. Great cards Kathy. Love the old truck on the first one.
    Karin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card love the image and your design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love the texture on the old truck. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards, love the truck one, and the wedding one is so pretty, thanks for joining us at TPS this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards!!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!