Monday, June 24, 2019

Pups and Bears

I love serving as a "Contributor" for Beccy Muir at Beccy's Place blog. Every few months I receive an "assignment" using a new digi set and can decide if I want to accept the assignment or pass on it.  This assignment was to use the adorable set named "Paw Prints" to create several items.  If you visit Beccy's Place you can see all the items I created. [HERE and you can find the digi set  HERE.]  I provided details for two of my creations on yesterday post, and am sharing the final two on my this post.
This sweet  Golden Retriever was colored with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. I had fun using scraps to make the party hats and stars that match the colors in the stripes on the background paper and reflect the two sentiments, which are from the digi set.
 
Entered into:
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Use Your Scraps             

Scottish Terriers always make me smile. They seem to have such unique personalities- reserved, almost haughty, with a little bounce to their step. I did a bit of research and several sites called them proud, extremely sensitive, and easily insulted. What an intriguing combination. For this jaunty little guy, I dressed him up with a scrap of tartan plaid that I snipped from the wrapping paper that I used a background on the card. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. The sentiments are both from the set.
Entered into: BP Paw Prints Scottie
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #392-#393 Anything Goes                    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                                       

I have more than a dozen old roller stamps from Stampin' Up [SU] that I never used until I found instructions on Pinterest for converting them into border stamps.  It is so much easier to get a nice image when I can use them with my MISTI. Am slowly converting them over to border stamps. This is the latest one I've converted… and it’s the first time it's been used at all. I love the cute little bears, and the scene reminds me of a song that I used to teach pre-schoolers when I worked at a college nursery school. I colored the images with chalks plus Tombow watercolor markers for shading and small areas. I liked the way the little hearts on the bears clothing is reflected in the background paper. So, I stamped the sentiment [a retired SU stamp] onto vellum so that the little hearts can shine through. Am entering this card into a few challenges, including the Monday Simon Says challenge "Transport it" [one of the bears is transporting a beehive to the picnic. Although, I think that might be a dangerous job… especially without protective gear!] and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Travel/Vacation" [the bears look like they are at a family reunion. I come from a long line of family reunion goers… and always loved that the annual family reunion meant a few days of traveling and all the excitement that came with the trip… and especially the idea that we'd get to eat junk food from gas stations. I'm not sure why, but it always seemed that ice cream, corn dogs and bagged candy tastes best when eaten in a moving vehicle. Maybe it is because my five siblings were usually eyeing my treats so they seemed like real treasures ] and Double D's Pick a Pattern challenge [the stripes and hearts in the background go so perfectly with this image… with all the cute little hearts. I even stamped the sentiment on vellum to allow even more of the background pattern to show. So fun.] 
 

Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Travel/Vacation                                    
Double D’s Challenge- Pick A Pattern                  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. I have just ordered the dog images they are fantastic. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, I love all of these! I have two Golden Retrievers so that one especially has my heart. Your coloring on everything is top notch. I wish I'd saved some of my rollers. I remember when people started unmounting them. There's one in particular I loved -- a row of whimsical cats. Your bears remind me of them. So cute! I'm so glad you shared your patterned bears card with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, these are all so cute. That scottish terrier would be really tough to color, since it's all black, but you did an amazing job. I think it's the white gel pen that gives it extra dimension. Also love your tip on removing the old roller wheel stamps from the wheels to use as flat stamps. I have some of these as well and never got a good image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pups and Bears are always good. Haha. Great cards. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun and cute card...thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation Kathy and what a smart idea to place your sentiment on vellum so it doesn't hide the pretty background pattern! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pick A Pattern’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, such adorable cards! I love them all! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Pick a Pattern Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!