I was asked to be a Guest DT at Outlawz Tuesday Color TicTacToe Challenge, and love that the opportunity introduced me to a company named Free Pretty Things For You (FPTFY), which offers a treasure trove of patterned papers, and many of them are free! The one on these two cards is from a set of papers that I received free after registering as a FREE member (where I can download one free item a day.) This set is now available only to people that upgrade to Premium Membership (where they can pick up to 10 items per day!)
Step 1- I had fun with this beautiful Rose digi, positioning two on a sheet of 8.5 x 11 cardstock. I recolored one of the digis in greyscale before running the paper through my printer.
Step 2- I colored the rose spray on the left side of the paper (A) with markers and the one on the right side (B) with chalks. I added highlights to both with a white gel pen. After coloring, I cut the page into four A2 sized card fronts, trimmed the sections down, adhered them atop colored cardstock rectangles before adding a die-cut sentiment, puffy heart sticker and photo corners.
The first card below was created with the section of the left side labeled A (markers provide bright and bold coloring.)
This one was created with the section of the right side labeled B (chalks offer a softer, vintage look to the coloring.)
My cards were influenced by the diagonal of the TicTacToe- (upper left- hearts), (middle-pink flowers), (lower right- leaves).
· Rose Images- from FPTFY Digital Paper named Shabby Pink Rose
· Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
· Colored with Decorative Chalks and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
· Front Sentiment- Happy Birthday trimmed from Cottage Cutz Cupcake Die
· Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s from WalMart (113 assorted puffy hearts for just 99 cents!)
· Other items from my stash.
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #501-502 Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #30 Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
This patriotic card features a beautiful image named “Veteran’s Day Parade” from Cute As A Button’s July Progressive Challenge. I colored the beautiful lady with red, white and blue plus the card front and inside sentiment also have a bit of bling, thanks to silver holographic star stickers. (Being a die-hard up cycler, I even made extra outline stars by fussy-cutting around the star shape left in the silver backing after removing the sticker. A little tedious, but I love the look of these delicate- and FREE- stars!)
· Digi- Cute As A Button (Veteran’s Day Parade)
· Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens
· Holographic Star Stickers- Hobby Lobby
· Front Sentiment- Computer Generated
· Inside Sentiment - Eureka Digital Stamp (Celebrate with a Bang)
· Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources
· Cardstock, patterned papers, and other items from my stash.
Incy Wincy Designs Red/White/Blue and/or Sparkly/Glitter
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- July
Cute As A Button- July: CH #70 Anything Goes
Cute As A Button-MeWe Progressive Freebie Challenge- Veteran’s Day Parade
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 690- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-