Wednesday, December 15, 2021

myasperations 12-15-21

The 15th of the month finds me making a DT card for the challenge at QKR Stampede. Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself?
For this simple yet elegant Christmas card, I printed a digi sentiment from Eureka Stamps to fit an A2-sized card front.  I layered it atop a rectangle of beautiful gold embossed paper, the added some sparkle to the butterfly wings to help them stand out a bit.  I wanted to use the gold foil-lined envelope from a thrift store find that I’ve had in my stash for some time, so I created a card base that would fit the envelope and added a layer of black cardstock before adhering to the card front.  A few scraps of the gold embossed paper, plus a butterfly punched from black paper and a QKR sentiment finish off the inside of the card… which is currently fluttering its way through the US postal system to my sweet MIL’s door a few states away. (I do love that lady so much. She is amazing… and raised a pretty amazing son, too! I’m thankful for all the joy and laughter he has brought to my life for over 4 decades!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday Challenge (featuring a beautiful poem by Poet Laureate John Betjeman named, appropriately, “Christmas.” I found a wonderful YouTube reading of the poem by the author himself. You can find it HERE.
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Legend of the Butterfly) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Butterflies colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen and Stardust Clear gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- QKR Stampede Digital Stamp (Merry Christmas) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Stampin’ UP! Elegant Butterfly Punch (retired)

·   Gold patterned paper, cardstock, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Lots Of White                     
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Twist- make SENTIMENT the focus)
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Christmas by John Betjeman
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #521-522 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- December             

A few months ago I was introduced to a company named Free Pretty Things For You (FPTFY), which offers a treasure trove of patterned papers, digis, and clipart images…and many of them are free! After I registered as a member, I was excited to nab this set of papers that features a set of freebies (six different designs) named “Winter Wonderland.” The beautiful deer silhouette is another of the FPTFY Freebies. Paired with a flurry of die-cut snowflakes, a scrap of red plaid paper, and two sentiments from a Beccy’s Place digi set, and this card is added to my done pile! (Actually, it was added to a bag of holiday cards that I am delivering to my dentist’s office tomorrow. During the height of COVID I provided them with a bunch of cards since I knew that, like me, many were not able to get home for the holidays. It was so much fun to share from my bounty of cards, that I just had to do it again. And… it was even more fun to watch as they immediately started looking at them. The oohs and ahhs- and a few giggles- blessed this old stampers heart!)
Supplies: 

·   Deer Digi- Free Pretty Things for You (Winter Snowflake Deer Silhouette)

·   Free Winter Wonderland Digital Paper HERE

·   Sentiments are from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Poinsettia)

·   Assorted die-cut Snowflakes- Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes) AND Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #97 (Optional Twist- Give To-Help Others)
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Winter

My final card this post is a sweet one-literally! One of the sweet little elves from a Beccy’s Place digi set is cooking up a batch of gingerbread cookies. I added lots of patterns, textures, and depth to the card with stickers, patterned paper piecing (apron), and foam mounting tape. I especially loved printing off, coloring, and fussy-cutting an extra tray of cookies to use as embellishments. They have such cute little dough-bellies!
Supplies: 

·   Digi and front sentiment- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Making Merry)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen and Marvy silver marker

·   Cup of Hot Cocoa sticker- Hobby Lobby (embellished with an extra ginger cookie)

·   Dark Plaid paper- Hobby Lobby’s Plaid Box of Cards

·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s from WalMart (113 assorted puffy hearts for just 99 cents!)

·   Inside Sentiment- a Scrapbook sticker embellished with a few extra ginger cookies

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #572 AG
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Beccy’s Place Challenge- December   Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your makes are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card and an even more beautiful act of kindness! I'm sure the recipients of these cards were so excited to receive them to pass them on to their friends and family! What a lovely idea! So happy you shared the card and idea with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowy reindeer card is beautiful, Kathy! Thank you for sharing the website where you found the free papers and image - I'm off to investigate it for myself. Many thanks for supporting the Path of Positivity December challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterfly card is beautiful Kathy, what a wonderful way to remind us to be grateful for what we have. The envelope you used is gorgeous, and adding the gold to the card was a fabulous way of making them compliment each other.
    The second card you created is awesome, that stag is very regal and looks great paired with the plaid and snowflakes. It's so generous of you to share your cards with the people at the dentist, what a lovely thing to do. It's nice to hear that they appreciated them too.
    Your last card is delicious Kathy! I love how you've combined all the different techniques to create a fabulously festive card. His apron is particularly nice. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lots of White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love the layout and colour combos. Thanks so much for joining Double "D" Challenge this time.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenge)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!