Wednesday, December 1, 2021

myasperations 12-1-21

Since it’s the first of the month, I’m sharing my DT card for the December Challenge on the Sheepski Designs Blog. The theme is “Embellish It” and this digi named Party Shoes was so fun to embellish with layers, gold stars, and an upcycled postage stamp. I even added the look of sequins to her party dress with a sprinkling of small dots from white, gold, and silver gel pens. The same pens helped add sheen to her wonderful shoes.
An added note- the inside sentiment, which I think is perfect for a New Years card, is from a Simply Cards & Papercrafts Magazine sheet of sentiments that I was able to download after joining a web-based resource named craftworld.com. You can register Here to have access to hundreds of free digis, sentiments, patterns, templates, and more! And anything you download is saved on the website for later access.
  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Party Shoes)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white, gold & silver gel pens

·   Galaxy Patterned Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment “Happy New Year” from a Lili Of The Valley Digital Set (Christmas Wishes)

·   Inside Sentiment- from Simply Cards & Papercrafts Magazine download (freebies via subscription HERE )   

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Upcycled postage stamp, star punch, cardstock, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday   Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #48 Anything Goes                     
The Paper Shelter- 11th Birthday and Blog Hop Celebrations

The first of the month also means that I get to share a DT card for QKR Stampede. Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? 
Some time ago I participated in a challenge called “6x6 wonder” that I really enjoyed. A video on Pinterest that provided the five layouts and they went together really quickly. I had used one of the card fronts in November for a QRK card (Here), and filed the rest away. I just uncovered (or should I say discovered) the remaining card fronts plus a pile of extra scraps (there were several since I only had 8x12 sheets of patterned paper at the time.) I decided to use one of the card fronts as my base for a western-themed card for my brother, Mike, and his wife, Lana. They're retired and spend every summer in Montana, helping a family friend run a vintage “frontier town” for tourists. They've met people from all around the globe through these annual adventures and love all things that celebrate the old west. So I had fun creating this card for them with a QKR cowboy snowman digi and barbed wire sentiment! Paper with denim and bandana prints build upon the theme, and scraps of snowflake embossed vellum help give the card a nice winter theme. So fun!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- QKR Stampede Digital Stamp (Cowboy) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front and part of inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Inside Sentiment- “Merry Christmas” QKR Stampede Digital Stamp (Barbed Wire) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Cuddlebug Embossing Folder- Snowflake

·   Patterned papers- Hobby Lobby

·   Patterned Paper Background layout is made from a video named Double 6x6 Wonder found HERE  (I added a photo of the pile of card fronts) 

·   Vellum, cardstock, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #570 AG
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Happy Holidays/Christmas 

I decided to make an extra card with that pile of extra scraps to make another western-themed card that I can tuck in my card for Mike and Lana to send to one of their frontier town friends. It features another wonderful QKR Digi, this time a Cowboy Santa! Isn’t his Christmas light lasso a hoot? (Not sure if that is old cowboy speak but I know that some of the Midwesterners in Minnesota and across the Dakotas often say “That’s a hoot.” Really they do. I know that because I'm related to some of them!) I added a few embellishments to the card; a red gemstone for Rudolph's nose and Santa's belt created with a scrap of black leather cut from am OLD purse and an upcycled pop-top from a soda can. (I felt pretty creative as I added some details to the "belt" by adding one simple staple on the inside of the leather, creating a metal "prong" for the belt. A few small dots of white gel pen depicts"holes" in the leather that Santa might need when he loosens his belt after enjoying all the cookies left out for him!) 
I'm entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Wednesday Sketch and Pixies Snippets Challenge (which invites us to put our scraps and little snippets to work. For this card I used the leather strip, and also scraps of the kraft and black cardstock plus denim and bandana prints to finish the card. I LOVE the result and plan to make more of these cards to put in packets of all-occasion cards that I give for birthday, wedding, and graduation gifts!) 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- QKR Stampede Digital Stamp (Baby Animals) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Inside Sentiment- “Merry Christmas” QKR Stampede Digital Stamp (Barbed Wire) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Patterned papers- Hobby Lobby

·   Santa’s belt- Upcycled Scrap of black leather and pop-top from a soda can.

·   Cardstock, red gem, black enamel dots, and all other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Wednesday Sketch  
Pixie's Snippets-Week #417
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- December             
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #519-520 Anything Goes                   
QKR Stampede Challenge- #433  Since I’m a DT for QKR, I’m entering just for fun!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project(s)! Love what you did with the dress! Hugs Heidi TPS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waving hello from the Snippets Playground. LOVE your Santa silhouette snippets card.

    I've just made a fresh batch of Hot Chocolate up in the Playground Treehouse if you want to warm up!

    Hugs,Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of those Patterned Papers! Thank you for participating in Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge for December

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 570 - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Kathy, love the sparkle effect on her dress. Thank you for playing along with our Blog Hop Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thanks for joining at The Paper Shelter 11th Birthday and Blog Hop
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow awesome sparkly dress!! Amazing cards as always Kathy <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 48 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kathy! I am loving your fabulous card. Her dress turned out beautifully. Love it all. Thank you for sharing your lovely card, and for playing along with us on The Paper Shelter Blog Hop. Good luck on your entry and I hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all these cards Kathy - especially the Santa silhouette snippets one. It's good fun!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card and love the use of the postage stamp!
    Thank you so much for taking part in our Eleventh Birthday Celebrations and Hop at The Paper Shelter Challenge - good luck! Hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!