Many years ago, I had read how to make felted wool from old woolen clothing. A short time
later I gave it a try after I found a well-worn white wool blazer at a thrift store for a few dollars.
I cut the blazer into pieces, removing the liner, buttons, etc. then washed the pieces in hot
water with mild detergent. When finished, I let them tumble in a dryer at a high temp until
they shrunk down (nearly half the size than when they started out!) When finished I had a nice
amount of beautiful, felted wool! I cut it into circles and squares, decorating them
with embroidered and beaded accents for Christmas tree ornaments. I recently found a few of
the decorated circles and they made me smile as the holly sequins had been from my mom’s
stash, and I’ve never seen anything like them since. I decided that one of them would make
a beautiful embellishment for a card using a sketch from a current challenge. I love the way it
adds a bit of bling to the otherwise lumberjack-looking card front! I wanted to add another
embellie to the inside, but with less bulk. So cut a circle from kraft cardstock and was happy to
find a few of the holly sequins in MY stash, which I attached with thread and seed beads.
· Front Sentiment- “Thinking of You at Christmas” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cardinals)
· Inside Sentiment- “Merry and Bright” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cardinals)
· Felted wool, holly sequins,red seed beads, patterned paper and cardstock from my stash.
Sketch N Scrap-Card Sketch #205
This is my final card for one of my favorite events, Beccy’s Place Holiday Cards
Challenge held every year during November. The yummy digi and inside sentiments is from
one of Beccy Muir’s newest digi sets. Since I was running out of time getting this card done so
I can post it tonight, I used a colored digi. (I seldom do this, but I love the color palette Beccy
used- and those cherries look good enough to eat- so decided to go the quicker route of using
the pre-colored digi. But then because I might opt for quick, I rarely go for easy and of course
had to do lots of fussy cutting, layering with foam tape, and for this card also adding texture by
creating yummy foam with some White 3-D paint I picked up at JoAnnes that works great!
· Colored Digi from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)
· Shaded with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and highlighted with Sakura Gelly Roll white and silver gel pens
· Scribbles Shiny White 3-D Paint- JoAnne’s Fabrics
· Front Sentiment-“Warm and Cozy Holiday” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Jolly Holiday)
· Inside Sentiment “Delicious Christmas Wishes” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)
· Coffee themed paper- Echo Park 6x6 paper pad
· Red & White checked napkin (under the mug)from our local dollar store
· All other items from my stash
Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!