Sunday, October 22, 2017

Stamp a Scene 1

Oh my... as a fairly new blogger, tonight I accidentally deleted all comments from 10-17 to 10-24. My apologies for those of you who posted a comment that is no longer visible. I promise never to try to organize things again! 

The current Art Impressions challenge is to Stamp A Scene. So… I pulled out some of my wonderful AI  stamps and got busy. Stamped a few hay bales, barn window, and Willie front and back sets. (I think the barn window is now retired.) Colored them with alcohol inks and fussy cut them out. (Used a silver gel pen to add the hardware on the window shutters.)
Used a ruler, pencil, light brown and tan Tombow markers to create board walls for the inside of the barn. Attached all stamped images to the front of the card, with Willies sweet face peeking over the window frame. On the inside of the card, I upcycled a winter scene from an old Christmas card and attached a sentiment from Beccy's Place Stamps. These kinds of cards always take lots of work, but… when I shared this one with my hubby his eyes grew large as he said, "WOW!" (I think this will go to my MIL and hope she likes it as much as her son did!)
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- It's A Dogs Life               (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Art Impressions- Stamp a Scene                                          (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com)


As much as I dislike spiders, they do make nice Halloween cards. Scary, but without blood and gore. And, this card is a good way to use up some of the washi tape that is getting dusty on my shelf. I turned the spider into a Black Widow by adding a big of bling. And… used one of my favorite little digi images from TLC Creation- eeek! (createwithtlc.blogspot.com). 

Entered into: 
Deep Ocean Challenge- Halloween                                      (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Doing Life- Create with TLC Challenge                               (desiref.blogspot.co.za)
Di’s Digi Stamps- Halloween/Harvest                                (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
                             
Used my Lawn Fawn fox stamp set to make another card to enter into the current Blog Named Hero challenge. I love that this stamp gives such a nice crisp image. I don't even need to get my MISTI when I stamp with it!
Entered into: 
A Blog Named Hero-Calling All Critters                               (www.ablognamedhero.com)
Cute Card Thursday- Snowflakes                                           (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- Anything Goes   (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)

Linus is my favorite character from the Charlie Brown group, so this sentiment makes me smile. Plus, it contains such profound wisdom! Used an Autumn Kaleidoscope ink pad and Embossing Arts Leaf stamp to create the wonderful fall coloring, stamping without inking to get the wonderful echo of the images.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Photo Inspiration   (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Double D’s Challenge- Leave It To Me                               (daranddiane.blogspot.com)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge 188                 (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)



8 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! Such wonderful designs! Each one is prettier than the next!! :)

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Digi Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your leaf card. What a great greeting, and yes, so full of wisdom....lol. Your colors are just great, as is your design. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D!
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Art Impressions card with the boy peeking through the window. Great coloring and design! Congratulations on honorable mention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love your barn window scene, Kathy! It was worth all of the hard work. Congrats on your AI win this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! There's so much to love here! #1: Adorable! #2: I don't like spiders, either, but got to have them on the Halloween cards. #3: Foxes and coffee -- sweet! #4: Beautiful leaves and love the card design, as though the sentiment panel is falling right along with the leaves. Most of all I absolutely love the Linus quote! Can't help it, humor will get me every time. Thanks so much for sharing #4 in our Double D Leave it to Me challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy this is beautifully crafted and perfect for our 15th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    PS: Love the creative use of the washi tape

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!