Monday, October 30, 2017

Pretty Flutterbys!

I have removed many of my wood mounted stamps from their wood bases so that I can use them with my MISTI. But recently inherited a box of SU wood mounted stamps from a friend, including several sets of the two-layer stamps. Stamping with them reminded me why I never got into two-step stamping. I like to color… and these stamps are made to use ink pads vs. markers, pencils or chalks. Plus… they are tedious! (I know… the person that loves to fussy-cut and spend hours making specialty cards with front&back stamps and other detailed images calls this tedious?! Ha!)  But, it really IS tedious, especially because the wood mount stamps make it really hard to match up the layers. This is my second attempt to make this card… and it still needs help! I definitely prefer using the clear stamps and MISTI tool so many of the SU stamps are going to be donated to Goodwill in the near future.
PS- I made the background by cutting a cloud template from a scrap of cardboard and using a makeup sponge and robins egg blue chalk to add the summer sky. 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Monochrome                (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes        (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

Another attempt at using a wood mounted SU two-step stamping set. Not well aligned, but think that it looks all right a little off-kilter. Perhaps the effect is to show that the butterfly is moving its wings at hyperspeed?  Yeah. That was my intention!
Entered into: 
Less is More Challenge- Stamp Layering          (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)

This third card was created using my Hero Arts Stamps& Cuts Butterfly set. Was soooo much easier than using the wood mounted stamps. Still not a fan of this stamp layering thingee, but it works. And, with this set I can still use the butterfly outline and color the image. THAT is a way more relaxing way to stamp for me! The sweet little butterflies and sentiment are included in the set. 
 
Entered into: 
CAS-ual Fridays- Think Pink          (CAS-ualfridays.blogspot.com)

             
                 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy I think your card is lovely. You've done a super job with your home made stencil. Your cloudy sky looks lovely.

    I don't know what the problem is with my follow button. Thanks for the heads up. Must look into it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute butterfly cards, the folded card especially. love the polka dots. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card with all the pink butterflies! Thanks for playing along over at the Casual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so pretty and I like that the butterflies are totally aligned...I think that really works well. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Kathy! I'm your newest follower!! Found your blog at the Outlawz!!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A flutterby treat on this post. All your cards are so pretty. Lovely layered stamping and choice of colours. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fab makes Kathy! Well, those stamps may be tedious but you rocked using them. That off-set one you make for LIM is super! Just like the old printed fabrics you used to get (well, you may be too young to remember those). Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!