Monday, October 2, 2017

Double Gold Love

When organizing my craft shelves, I found a box with some partial cards, some over 10 years old. I remembered making the bottom two layers of this card because they required a gold spray paint that came out in thick threads. Kinda messy to use, but I loved the look so made as many of them as the can provided. Was glad that they'd  appeared after so many years to provide a wonderful background for my final card for the Heavy Metal Challenge at Simon Says Monday Challenge. I inked up a large wood-mounted sketch heart in gold pigment ink, and stamped the image on deep rust cardstock, mounded on gold embossing powder, heated it, added more gold powder, heated it again, then immediately pressed a small love stamp deeply into the gold embossing. When cooled I cut the rust colored cardstock into a square with deckle-edged scissors, then assembled the card. Love the elegant yet rustic look!
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Heavy Metal                   (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)

I'm busy making gift packs of cards that I'll give out at Christmas. This month... am working on Fall Holidays. So, the current ATC challenge at wecraftcards simplified the process! ATCs just seem to go together so quickly. Because after I make the prototype, I just do an assembly line for duplicates. The photo of this ATC in the photo made me realize that I tilted the bottle incorrectly because the jack-o-lanterns are all askew! Maybe they've all been into the witches brew? (I'll correct that oops on my duplicates.)
I mounted the ATC to a purpld card. Had fun adding a vellum spider web that a stamping friend provided when I won her recent challenge. It provides a wonderful backdrop for my card. And, in the third photo Spidey makes an appearance on the inside of the card! Eeek!
Entered into: 
We Craft Cards Wednesday Challenge- Small to Large    (wecraftcards.com/forum)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes             (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Cute Card Thursday- Trick or Treat                                        (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
                             
My final card for this posting is for the Calling all Sistas Challenge. This wonderful blog, presented by the creative people at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, encourages stampers to create cards that will encourage women, especially those who are living with breast cancer. The current color challenge includes beautiful sunset colors. I decided to use one of my all-time favorite SU stamp sets, the first one I ever purchased a few decades ago, Decorative Grapes. I've used the grape image hundreds of times. But have just used the flower image one time… to make this card. Will need to rectify that oversight! (Am also entering this card into a new challenge I just discovered today that I should be able to enter often since involves using NBUS, i.e. "never before used schtuff" of which I have a ton! This flower stamp is the perfect example. I have many sets with a pristine stamps that I might just have to put to work!) 
IT'S HERE!
Entered into: 
Calling All Sista’s- Color Challenge (sunset)                       (callingallsistahs.blogspot.com)
Darnells' NBUS Challenge- Anything Goes                         (djkardkreations.com)      
                                       

6 comments:

  1. Nice design with that big gold heart at the center! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at our challenge- Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely cards, I am particularly fond of the gold heart, love that bold gold look. Sounds like you have lots going on in your stamp area.....I'm working on gift sets of cards too - its so rewarding to share hand crafted things with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your cards, great designs
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to meet you Kathy! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #12! I'm glad you found me and followed me! All three of these cards are fantastic! I especially love the molten romantic look of the first card, but your scary Halloween and gorgeous fall cards are awesome, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous!!!! Love all the Fall colors in your leaves. Thanks for playing with us at Calling All Sistahs. Hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors, and the leaves look stunning. Thank you joining us at CAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!