Monday, October 30, 2017

Critters

My final Halloween card this year… and it's a cute one! I used Bugaboo Spider Trio image and was inspired by a card made by one of the Design Team cards posted on the Bugaboo Blog last month. Liked my first card so much that I made a second, similar but horizontal vs. vertical.  Am entering them into several challenges, one requires "monochrome" them. I used shades of gray, with black, white and silver accents. Also, wanted to share a blingy trick. I picked up some rhinestone alphabet sticker sets in JoAnn's clearance aisle for super cheap. When needing itty-bitty bling (like I added on these cards to resemble dew on the web) I use an Exacto knife and cut up the letters that I'll never use- x, q, z, etc. and since they are stickers no need to mess with glue! (I added a pic of the alphy sets so you could see what I'm talking about.) Also, both greetings are from TLC Creations (createwithtlc.blogspot.com)

Entered into: 
The Paper Shelter-#315 Halloween                              (thepapershelter.blogspot.com.ar)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Halloween                               (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Monochrome           (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
QKR Stampede- Anything Goes                                     (qkrstampede.blogspot.com)
Doing Life- Create with TLC Challenge                        (desiref.blogspot.co.za)

Recently purchased the Hero Arts Stamps&Cuts Butterfly and was fun to play with it this weekend. Although, I have to admit that I'm so used to using digis that I couldn't remember where I store my MISTI and I figured I'd need it for this card since the butterfly is a 3-step layered image. (Love that the stamp for the bottom image is actually polka dotted and that the antenae are stamped on seperately.) However, this set was so easy to use that I could get a good image just using my clear blocks. Was fun to use the little hello sentiment that is in the set to make the butterfly trail. And, I left a little bit of room between the hello's to draw a whisp of a heart with the fine tip of my marker. So pretty!
Entered into: 
CAS-ual Fridays- Think Pink                                 (CAS-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Calling All Sista’s- Color Challenge                      (callingallsistahs.blogspot.com)
Less is More Challenge- Stamp Layering            (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)
A Blog Named Hero-Calling All Critters              (www.ablognamedhero.com)

A stamping friend recently gifted me with a nice new set of stamps that included this beauty! This time I did use my MISTI to get a crisp image since I was stamping on vellum. Created the background with paper strips using a tutorial that I found via Pinterest (stampinpretty.com/2016/01/strips-of-love-blossoms-valentine-card.html). Provided a great way to use up all those little bits and pieces of paper that accumulate in this craft! And, was fun to find so many scraps that worked for the peacock color scheme! 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Make a Background          (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
We Craft Cards Wednesday Challenge- Make a background   (wecraftcards.com/forum)
Pixie's Snippets- Week 305&306                                                    (pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com)


                               

16 comments:

  1. your card is adorable Kathy, those spiders are just so cute, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Halloween cards Kathy. Great fun! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super group of cards. Love the polka dots too on your butterfly. Great job stamping the layers without your MISTI. I use my MISTI all the time and I don’t think I can stamp with clear blocks anymore. 😂 Love the pretty colours too. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards. You have been busy and creative! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love the little hello trail! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards love the image and what youve done with them. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful snippets card Kathy - and the Misti must make stamping on vellum a breeze. How did we manage before it was invented? LOVE the peacock and such gorgeous colours/use of snippets as well.

    I had to alter you link as it was taking me to the previous fortnight although the image was right. It's all sorted out now but had me a bit confused at first needless to say :) Not that it takes much to do that!

    https://myasperations.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/critters.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute butterfly! Love the trailing sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays Think Pink Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really do hate spicers but these are actually cute ones, Kathy! Love seeing you play in our "Anything Goes or Halloween" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Hope to see you playing again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy this is beautifully crafted and perfect for our 15th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    PS: These are all so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty pink card! Love the butterfly a lot! Thanks for playing with our CAS-ual Fridays challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super makes. Your polka dot butterfly is such fun and I love the hello sentiment making up the butterfly trail. Super CAS card. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow what a beautifully adorable card! I really love how you stamped the "hello" as the trail and ending with a heart. Too cute! Thanks for joining us at the Calling All Sistahs Encouragement Challenge and it'd be great to see your beautiful creations again in our next challenge! Hugs Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, thanks for playing along with the CAS Encouragement challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the polka dots on the butterfly and the sentiment flight trail! Great card! Thanks for joining us in the Encouragement Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!