Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Love my MISTI

Last Christmas my favorite gifts were a MISTI and this stamp called “Snowy Postcard” from Stampendous. I love how quickly I can create a stunning card with this stamp. Stamped the image on denim blue and white cardstock. Also stamped the holly portion on scraps of dusky green. Colored the images with chalks and Tombow markers, then finished the card with a dusting of polar white Flowersoft mixed with clear glitter. The sentiment is from Beccy's Place digi set, Seasonal Windows.
 
Entered into: 
Cute Card Thursday- Snowflakes                                           (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- Anything Goes   (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- October                                           (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge2- Extra for Oct    (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.com)

Seems like I never have enough masculine cards. So made this card with a Biblical Impressions stamp named Buck in the Forest (now available through www.stamponit.net) I've had the wood mount stamp for some time but seldom used it as I always have a hard time getting a good image with large stamps. After I got my MISTI, I removed the image from the wood and used an EZ Mount Foam Sheet (also available for sale through www.stamponit.net) that allowed me to use it with my MISTI. The hoof print is an old wood mount from Darcies. I didn't put a sentiment on it as I'll do that when I need to use it.
Entered into: 
QKR Stampede- Anything Goes                                      (qkrstampede.blogspot.com)
                                                                                         
Another entry for the current challenge at AAA Stamps! This one is dedicated to my favorite Christmas movie- Elf! Was fun to make his little green hat, complete with a feather made from a tiny scrap of red cardstock (I love my new EK Cutter Bee scissors). And of course, I had to hand cut some snowflakes. If you've seen the movie you will know why. Elf was a snowflake guru. (Once again, my new scissors helped to make these dainty beauties. Just put "snowflake templates" in the search bar on Pinterest and you'll find lots of patterns, both simple to super detailed.) The sentiment is a bit hard to see in the photo. It says, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." 
Entered into: 
AAA Card Challenges- Inspired By A Film       (aaacards.blogspot.com/)

Made another Monster card for the current Less Is More Challenge. Used another cute image from Bugaboo Stamps. A super easy and fast card to make. And, provides a great way to use of single wiggle eyes in varying sizes. (For some reason I have several of them!) 
Entered into: 
Less is More Challenge- Monsters                                  (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Halloween                                (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge 188            (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

12 comments:

  1. Ha! Great minds... Just parked next to you in the AAA gallery and I too was thinking of Buddy. More like his appetite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you have been busy! You're treating us to another set of superb cards. That top card is sooooo Christmassy with the icy look and all the glitter. Your monsters are awesome too! A great sentiment paired with that fab image. Thanks so much for joining in again with us this week at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! LOVE the deer head! He is beautifully colored & designed & gorgeous! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards as always, so love that Elf one, love the movie too!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo I love that film too! And how sweet is your little hat perched on the sentiment quote. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped across from the LIM blog to admire your fab entry but all your posted makes are lovely

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the first stamp - I have it too it is fab. Great monsters - such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, that first card is beautiful Kathy, I can see why you love the stamp. You've made it extra beautiful with the addition of the sparkly glitter... it looks just like a frosty winter's day.
    Unmounting that beautiful stag stamp was a great idea Kathy, it makes it so much more useable. I took all my wood mounted stamps apart long ago and nowadays don't ever consider purchasing anything that's on a wood block, they just take up too much room.
    Your third card is very creative Kathy, I love that it's inspired by your favourite Christmas movie. The little hat you made is adorable and so detailed. I also like the addition of the hand-cut snowflakes... I remember making them in primary school, although not quite as intricate as yours.
    The monster card is fabulous! I love the addition of the googly eyes and the wonderful bright colours. I imagine it's going to be very well received.
    Great job Kathy!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of cards. Thank you for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic group of cards. Your monsters are adorable and so fun. Love the added googley eyes. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for entering more of your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 356 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these monsters...so cute! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!