Friday, October 27, 2017

Bugaboo x4

Earlier this month I won a challenge at Bugaboo stamps and have been having such fun creating with their amazing images. This posting happens to high light four card in which I feature several of my wins!

The first is a sweet image that I just had to use for two challenges that recognize October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The image is named "Lil Kidz Support Ribbon." Isn't she adorable?! And, the card allowed me to use more of my pearly pink vellum stash. Love it's subtle beauty. 
Entered into: 
CAS-ual Fridays- Think Pink                    (CAS-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Calling All Sista’s- Color Challenge         (callingallsistahs.blogspot.com)
                               
Once again, am using one of the images from Bugaboo Stamp's Mini-Monster Blocks to enter into several challenges. I turned one of the monsters (I think it is Frankenstein) into a Vampire by cutting the bolts off of the image, and turning his spiked hair into a slicked back 'do' by filling in the spaces with black and gray markers, and adding a few white gel pen highlights. Used a sparkly silver gel pen to sketch in the blinking stars and added a bit of bling to qualify for the Bugaboo Bingo challenge. My card meets the requirements of  the bottom left diagonal: three layers, players choice (bugaboo image), and gem (sparkly stars and glowing bat eyes.) Am also entering this into two CAS challenges. One is called "Inspired by a Film." This card represents the popular "Twilight" series. The other features Monsters. So this is a perfect fit! Am putting together packages of assorted cards for gifts this Christmas and was short on Valentine's cards. So… I hand-lettered a sentiment on the front and inside of the card.
Entered into: 
Bugaboo Stamps- Bingo                                   (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
AAA Card Challenges- Inspired By A Film   (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Less is More Challenge- Monsters                 (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)
                             
Another adorable Bugaboo image, this one is named "Autumn Squirrel" and the card went together so quickly using odds and ends of things that were littering my craft table. (Right now, after spending many relaxing evenings there it is mounded with treasures!)  Am entering it into a few other challenges, including the Give Thanks Mood Board at SumMoreFun.com (which used to be named Victorines. They just expanded their stamp line, adding many, many new images from a number of companies. Check them out!)
Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge                                  (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
SumMoreFun Challenge- Give Thanks                      (summorefun.com)  
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge 188         (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

My final Bugaboo image I'll share in this posting is appropriately named "Elf Peeker." The sentiments were printed off from the digi set "Gnomes in My Garden" from Beccy's Place.  One challenge in which I am entering it has the theme Vintage/Distressing.
So, I distressed the "wood door" with my ScorPal, plus used a scrap of wallpaper from a book that I rescued from my mom's craft stash after she passed away 6 years ago. Can't imagine how old it is… but since I inherited my packratism from my mom… I'm pretty sure it could be considered vintage. And Mom would have LOVED this card!

Entered into: 
Cute Card Thursday- Vintage/Distressing     (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
QKR Stampede- Anything Goes                       (qkrstampede.blogspot.com)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- October                    (beccysplace.blogspot.com)

16 comments:

  1. Wow, you’ve been busy and gave us more eye-candy with more fantastic makes. While I was commenting on your other entries, you were posting this. So creative turning Frankenstein into a vampire. The red gems for the bat’s eyes are a nice touch. Thank you again for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy, Kathy! Great group of cards with some adorable Bugaboo images. Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's quite the production, cute monster card. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little monster so sweet! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab set of cards Kathy! I can't believe how creative you've been this week and you've certainly rocked the monster theme with all your entries. This one I so cool with that fab colour combo, brilliant monster and amazing sentiment. Love it. Thanks for also sharing this one with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice encouragement card! Thanks for sharing with everyone at the Cas-ual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Squirrel card, I also love Bug A Boo digis. Thank you for joining us over at the SumMoreFun Challenge, I look forward to see more of your entries, DT MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these are adorable but I really love the little elf you entered in our challenge, Kathy. Sooo cuuute peeking out! Love seeing you play in our "Anything Goes or Halloween" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Hope to see you playing again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great projects, love the autumn squirrel you have entered at the SumMoreFun challenge, it is adorable. Hope to see more entries. ~DT Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! All your cards are cute, but that fall squirrel is so adorable! Thanks for entering it in the SumMore Fun mood board challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Breast Cancer card is just too darn cute. I have never seen that image before, but I am going to Bugaboo next and getting one for myself. Thanks for encouraging me to spend $$$$. Thanks for playing with us at Calling All Sistahs. Hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great take on the mood board! Thanks for playing along at SumMore Fun Blog. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable cards. Loving that fall squirrel. So cute!! Great job!! Thank you for joining us over at SumMoreFun for our Mood Board Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet image with the hope ribbon, perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card! That image is adorable! Thanks so much for participating in this months CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable card, thanks for playing along with the CAS Encouragement challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!