Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Decopage and Collage Cards

Oh my... as a fairly new blogger, tonight I accidentally deleted all comments from 10-17 to 10-24. My apologies for those of you who posted a comment that is no longer visible. I promise never to try to organize things again! 

This week's Monday challenge at wecraftcards Forum required developing a decoupage card with the instructions"Take a stamped or printed image and cut out portions and layer them on top of one another to give it a 3D look and feel using pop dots or dimensionals." I had fun making a card using a new digi set that I won from Beccy's Place, called Finn's Bells. I've never colored a penguin image before... but decided to try to make him look fuzzy with my alcohol markers. Not sure if penguins ARE fuzzy. but Finn is! (or maybe he's just molting?!) The sentiment on the inside, is also from the digi set. 
The closeup shows the layering. Took me a while to realize just which sections needed to be colored... after I had layered on top of a section that I had already colored so beautifully! 
Entered into: 
We Craft Cards Monday  Challenge- Decoupage Card     (wecraftcards.com/forum)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- October                                            (beccysplace.blogspot.com)      
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas ChallengeAnything Goes   (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
                       
Spent some time this weekend making a few more cards for the Simon Says Thinking of You challenge then almost forgot to post them! Here is the first one that features a collage image stamped for me by a friend. Layered it with some collage background paper, and finished it off with a foliage die cut, a few fussy cut blossoms and a strip of sheer ribbon. So pretty.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Thinking of You          (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)


Wanted to use a Eureka stamp to enter a challenge at QKR Challenge, and this handsome kiddo just called to me. So, I inked up one of my rainbow pads and made him some balloons so he could take flight. He floats beautifully on a card that will fit into a legal sized envelope. Didn't add a sentiment because I am not sure where he will land just yet, but he is sure to brighten someone's day!
Entered into: 
QKR Stampede- Anything Goes                                           (qkrstampede.blogspot.com)

Finally got a set of Power Poppy stamps named "Tea in the Garden." H(have been drooling over this one for a looonng time so was so fun to color this delicious image.  To enter into Power Poppy's current Mini & Mighty challenge, I mounted the finished work of art onto a square card of less of than 4 inches on each side.  Printed a simple sentiment onto vellum and viola! Done. (Now I just wish I had a chunk of that luscious looking cake to celebrate!)
 
Entered into:  
Power Poppy- Mini & Mighty         (powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/10/october-power-spark.html)
Cute Card Thursday- Circles           (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!