Thursday, October 19, 2017

CAS And More

Oh my... as a fairly new blogger, tonight I accidentally deleted all comments from 10-17 to 10-24. My apologies for those of you who posted a comment that is no longer visible. I promise never to try to organize things again! 

Found this sweet image at freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com and decided it would work beautifully for the current Less Is More one layer card star challenge. Kept the coloring simple to meet the CAS requirement, mainly adding yellow to the star,  very find yellow reflection rings around the candle flames, gray shadows, and a touch of color on hair ribbons, holly and their little tongues! (You can see these details in the closeup photo.)
Although the image is fairly large and detailed, the card does include lots of white space so I hope it qualifies as CAS. And, it is one layer (which I discovered is very hard for me to do!) 
Entered into:   
Less is More Challenge- OLC Stars                                        (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- Anything Goes   (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
                                 
Have been having fun making cards to enter into AAA cards current challenge called "Inspired by a Movie." Although I am not a big fan on Zombie movies, my hubby and I really enjoyed WWZ. Although I usually wouldn't think of anything related to zombies as being cute… this image and sentiment from Whimsie Doodles just might fit that category! I enjoyed putting all the unused z's from alphabet sticker packages to work, adding some background interest to the card. And, instead of using cardstock for the base, I upcycled an old file folder. I thought it's dull greenish-gray color provided perfect backing for a zombie. 

       
Entered into: 
AAA Card Challenges- Inspired By A Film               (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Halloween                            (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)

Used a cute owl image from Beccy's Place Feathered Friends digi set for this week's Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamps. The inspiration photo included an owl, so this is a perfect fit! The sentiment is printed off on my computer.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Photo Inspiration       (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- October                                        (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
                              
Another card stamped with an image from Power Poppy's named "Tea in the Garden." In order to enter the card into the Power Poppy Mini & Mighty challenge, it is mere 3¾ inches along each side. I made the pink lemonade by cutting a small piece of shimmery pink vellum to size for the pitcher and glass. The sentiment is printed on vellum. 
Entered into: 
Power Poppy- Mini & Mighty                                   (powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/10/october-power-spark.html)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge 186     (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!