Monday, October 30, 2017

Monochrome Fun

Used a wonderful image from TLC Creations (createwithtlc.blogspot.com) to make this monochromatic Christmas card in shades of brown. Printed the Santa image on kraft brown paper, sponged brown ink in from the edges to the center to focus the attention to St. Nick, then used a white gel pen to fill in the beard, plus add a bit of fur on the hat and cuffs and a few sparkly snowflakes. The sweet little tags are from Lili of the Valley.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Monochrome                        (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Doing Life- Create with TLC Challenge                                     (desiref.blogspot.co.za)
Christmas Cards All Year Round- Monochromatic Brown   (christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk)
Cute Card Thursday- Vintage/Distressing                               (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- Anything Goes   (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk) 


Since I had my paper cutter and small scrap box out, I created another background with paper strips using this tutorial (stampinpretty.com/2016/01/strips-of-love-blossoms-valentine-card.html). The image is Bugaboo image named Expresso Yourself Cups and the sentiment is a freebie from Kelli Winnell's blog (she offers a wonderful free sentiment every Friday! kelliewinnell.typepad.com/blog/freebie-Friday) Took a bit of work, but made a flip card so that I didn't waste any of the background pieces. 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Make a Background     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

I have discovered so many wonderful digi stamp artists during the last few years. One of my favorites is Beccy's Place. This is one of my newest images and I had fun creating with this adorable little gnome (from the Gnomes in my Garden set.) Paired him with a free scripture bookmark from courtneydefeo.com/the-brightest-lights-in-orlando.
           
Entered into: 
Beccy’s Place Challenge- October                                        (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge                                          (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

Recently won the Hero Arts Stamps& Cuts Butterfly set and was fun to play with it this weekend. Took me a little experimenting to find the right ink shades but other than that, stamping this 3-step image is quick and easy to use.  Printed off a sentiment to fit the sad look on the little fishy's face. Doesn't he look forlorn? 
Entered into: 
Less is More Challenge- Stamp Layering                           (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)

9 comments:

  1. He's a super image. It's a really pretty vintage Christmas card Kathy. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Santa image Kathy, I really like the vintage look you achieved with the kraft base. The little tags were a great way to add the sentiment.
    I love your second card, the wording made me chuckle... I can totally relate! The background looks fabulous and I appreciate you sharing the link. I'll have to check out her tutorial when I get the chance.
    You did a wonderful job with the gnome card, I really love the way you've made his lantern shine. The bookmark is a nice addition and could be removed from the card and used in a favourite book.... it's like a bonus gift!
    I agree that the poor little goldfish looks sad, I think he's lonely. Love the CAS style of this one and I think the sentiment works perfectly.
    Great job on this collection of cards Kathy.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Kathy, you've been busy! That fish looks very melancholic to me too and you've combined him with the perfect sentiment! The "sea greenery" (no idea for the right word in English!) you've stamped to the bottom of the card looks great and is the perfect addition to the fish. Well done! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're having another craft-busy week and I'm thrilled you've played along with our stamp layering challenge at Less is More. That goldfish is just fabulous and a striking CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, more great cards! That Santa card is just gorgeous! WOW!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at CCAYR so I could be the one to comment on it! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    PS...I love the halo of light around the lamp the gnome is holding! So brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards ! And I love this goldfish stamp set, it is on my wish list for a while now ! Love your CAS card ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy this is beautifully crafted and perfect for our 15th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    PS: Love the monochromatic feel

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely selection of makes, and all so different too. Your fish card is perfect for our challenge. Love what you did with the paper strips too, I really must use up my scraps!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful!!Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!