Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Mid-September Fun

It's Wednesday! So time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog.  Penny's challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out! (pennyschallenges.blogspot.com)
This week, I used an Oddball Art digi image named "Moonbeam." I love the versatility of using digi images, and this card shows versatility at it's finest. I cropped the image to just show those big sad eyes. Colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers, making sure to add tears to match the fun birthday sentiment. I also added a close up of that sweet face. I  just want to give her a hug.
Entered into: 
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge #207      (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge           (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

I've had this beautiful digi for some time. When a challenge with sequins popped up this week, I knew that I had to deck her out with bling. Colored the image with Spectrum Noir and a bit of chalk to soften her skin tone [I still have some things to learn about coloring skin tone with alcohol makers. They are usually a bit blotchy. And that wouldn't do for this card.] There was no need to add a sentiment because the perfect one is built in. Love it. PS- I don't use sequins very often because they always seem to pop off. So, for this card I used a nice blob of glue. And when I pressed the sequins in place, the glue squished up through the little hole. I didn't know how that would look when they dried, so I added a little gold seed bead into the center. It adds a little more glamour to the card, don't you think? Am entering this card into several challenges including Sketch Saturday, where I changed the rectangle into a circle and enlarged it. Hope it still looks enough like the sketch to qualify. 
Entered into: 
DigiStamps4Joy- #152 Anything Goes                   (digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.za)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Bling It On    (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
CAS-ual Fridays- #207 Use Those Sequins            (CAS-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Sketch Saturday- Week #53                                  (sketchsaturday.blogspot.com)

My first card for the current Butterfly Challenge is a beauty. The challenge focuses on the letter A, and I loved adding ribbon and adding layers. The apricot tulips and amethyst butterfly round out the themes. [I found the lovely tag on this site, where you can find many more tags with assorted Spring flowers… all are FREE  https://lilac-n-lavender.blogspot.com/search/label/Spring]
Because I also love using vellum, I crafted a little envelope to hold the tag. Wanted to add a bit more elegance to the card, and the corner of a square doily works beautifully. The little "Hello" is a vintage sentiment from Embossing Arts.
 
Entered into: 
Butterfly Challenge- #107 Letter A                                   (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Word Art Wed Challenge- #352-353 Anything Goes     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

For my final card in this posting, I used a cute image named "The Perfect Touch" from The Paper Shelter. I had actually made this card for their challenge last week, but because I was finishing a grant which calls for 12-16 hour days I didn't get it posted [notice the embossed background panels from last weeks challenge?]. The card technique is a window pop up [I found a tutorial here- https://handmadeinwindsor.blogspot.com/2018/08/window-pop-up-cards.html] The sentiment on the front of the card is a freebie from maxammadestudio.com and the inside sentiment is computer generated. Oh… and if you've followed my blog, you'll understand why some of my stamping friends call me the queen of upcycling. That is apparent in the silver embossed background, which you can see in the photo is actually the inside of a coffee bag.

Entered into: 
The Paper Shelter- #354 Sentimental                              (thepapershelter.blogspot.com.ar)
Bugaboo Stamp- Stella Says Sketch Challenge #615    (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
Kitty Bee Designs-#127 Kiddy Cards                              (alohafridaychallenges.blogspot.com)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and tag. Your colouring is lovely. Thanks for playing a long at The Paper Shelter challenge - Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Great makes, love the sentiment on the oddball one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the upcycling on this card, and the image is darling! Thanks for joining us at Aloha Fridays Kiddy Card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards I love all of them. The first one especially is fun and your coloring is awesome. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Marge
    ×

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card for our challenge at Craftyhazelnuts PP Challenge, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of the seed bead in the centre of the sequin..delightful!! Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card. Love the tag and thanks for the link to where you got the image from. I like your idea of adding a seed bead to the sequin. It adds a nice finishing touch. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great creations, I especially love the one with The Paper Shelter image. Thanks so much for playing at The Paper Shelter Challenge "Add A Sentiment" this week. Hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of a ds4j image!! Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie
    Digistamps4Joy.DT
    Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!