Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Magical Flurry

Okay.... this card didn't turn out quite like I had envisioned... but I think I was able to salvage it. Sponged the sky with a few shades of blue ink, then embossed snowflakes with white pigment ink and white EP. However, the powder clumped up... alot...so many of the flakes were just blobs. I decided to color over the worst ones with a dark blue Spectrum Noir marker which actually provides a nice color variation of several shades of blue. Then because the poor little penguin (from Beccy's Place, a digi set named "Finn in the Snow") just kind of blended into the dark background, I had to add white gel pen highlights. I ended up with a major flurry that would be almost magical to be in [which might be why Finn has that sweet look on his face.] A template that I used to make the snowglobe and the greeting are both freebies from www.birdscards.com

Entered into:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                      (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Cute Card Thursday- #545 Magical                                                 (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #401 Anything Goes   (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Sept                                                           (beccysplace.blogspot.com)


A dear friend of the family fly fishes, so I decided to make him a card that is sure to make him laugh. The fish basket- not sure if that it's official title- and fly is from a scrapbook pack of embellies. I added a pheasant feather and some bright metallic threads to the fly to make it sparkle. Then added a sentiment that I've had on my laptop for nearly years. Not sure of the source. I've researched and couldn't find it. If any reader recognizes it, please let me know. 
 
Entered into: 
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie- #101 Goin' Fishin'                      (giveacrafteracookie.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge                              (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #350-351 Anything Goes     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

I created my final card for this posting to fit the current Color Challenge at SumMoreFun. My card reflects the patriotic colors and flag. The sentiment is upcycled from an old greeting card and the music sheet has a nice backstory.  My SIL presented me with a box of music books and sheet music she found when cleaning out the basement of the family farm before they sold it and moved to town. I was so glad she realized that I would make use of such treasures. Otherwise, they would have been burned! This page is from a choral book with a 1944 copyright.) 
Entered into: 
SumMoreFun Challenge- Mood Board #36 (Patriotic)    (summorefun.com) 


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. I love the adorable penguin and all the lovely snowflakes. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful cards Kathy, you're very creative. I think the snow globe turned out beautifully, even if it wasn't quite what you expected. You did a great job "salvaging" it... I couldn't even tell there was a problem.
    The fishing card is fabulous too. I like the wonderful fly with the pretty feathers and I just love the sentiments you added to the front and inside of the card! Well done.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh hahahaha love the text on the Fisherman's card....and the Penguin snow globe turned out great! Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH... I Totally LOVE your Thank You card with the music paper and ribbons... Simply Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over at SumMore Fun Stamps!

    Theresa (SumMore Fun DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! From the snow globe to the fly fishing to the ribbon on the final one...
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That patriotic card is gorgeous! I love the story behind the music paper. Thank you for joining the SumMore Fun mood board challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very neat selection of cards. The patriotic one is awesome and perfect for our Mood board. Thank you for joining in the challenge over at SumMoreFun!!
    Amy- SumMoreFun DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I really love your creation and your take on our current mood board.

    **Thank you for joining in the ~SumMore Fun~ mood board challenge, I hope to see you again**

    Have a wonderful day,
    Jessica (SumMore Fun DT Member)
    Polka Dot Orchard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!