Monday, September 10, 2018

Guest Designer Gig- Month Three

I can't believe that I am in my final month of being a Guest Designer for Beccy's Place. My cards this posting were made using the wacky digi set named "Frog Hop" and I had such fun creating with them. A few just begged for wiggly eyes, so they got 'em! For several, I used upcycled calendar pages or scrapbook paper, and for one I used a lily pad idea that I saw on Pinterest and found a free clipart image [cliparts.co/clipart/3725056] I used this image as the top of my card, folding a piece of green cardstock into A2 card size and tracing around it to make the card base. I then drew the "veins" on the inside and top of the lily pad and created a simple pop-up center [find a tutorial here tinkerlab.com/simple-diy-pop-up-cards-for-creative-kid] onto which I attached the frog. I attached the sentiments and a little wire paperclip dragonfly that I found in my stash.  Stop by Beccy's Place to see the great cards made by the other DT's [beccysplace.blogspot.com/2018/09/new-release-frog-hop.html]
I'm entering one of the googly-eyed frogs into the current Cutie Pie Challenge, Shades of Autumn. One of their requirements is that the card is cute. I think he is cute, in an inquisitive "I need cake now" kind of way, right? Am also entering the lily pad frog into the current Bugaboo challenge, "Make Us Smile."
 
 
Entered into: Frogs
The Cutie Pie Challenge- #127 Shades of Autumn           (cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.com)
Bugaboo Stamps- Make Us Smile                                        (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)

Last month Power Poppy started a new weekly challenge that has been fun. This week's challenge is to be inspired by an ad or circular when making your card. I found a wonderful photo in a Pier One magazine that I couldn't wait to mimic. [The card's layout came from the current Sketch Saturday Challenge.]  I first printed the beautiful flowers from Power Poppy's digital set named "Autumns Opulence" onto vellum. Using the pillow in the photo as my guide, I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color them [from the backside so the black ink doesn't run.] Added strips of black and white dotted background paper to the bottom of the card [aka Sketch] then wrapped a strip of pink ribbon [which for some reason looks coral in these photos], plus a strip of black and white dotted ribbon across the top. Tied a small know in the dotted ribbon to match the sketch. Added a sentiment from the digi set to the front of the card. On the inside, I created another strip of the two ribbons and a small knot to tape across the corner of a sentiment tag. [This sentiment is from the Power Poppy "Tea in the Garden" clear stamp set.
 
 
Entered into: 
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- Fab Finds             (powerpoppy blogspot.com/2018/09/creative-confetti-fab-finds.html)
Sketch Saturday- Week #530                                      (sketchsaturday.blogspot.com) 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge         (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
Word Art Wed Challenge- #350-351 Anything Goes     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

This is my final entry in the current Paper Shelter challenge. I am using the Paper Shelter digital image "Charming Spring Girl", adhered to an upcycled calendar page. The sentiment is computer generated. I clipped and colored the beautiful little butterfly from a Bugaboo digi image named "Roses and Butterflies." This flash of blue also allows me to enter the card into the current Butterfly Challenge- Letter E. [The card includes two of the colors- Electric Yellow, in her hat band and Emerald in the greenery and includes an Embellishment. I least I think that the butterfly can be considered an embellishment since he is attached with foam mount tape plus I cut those tiny little antennae with my own little hands! Such a pretty card to remind us of the bright colors of Spring and Summer as we move into the rich shades of Autumn. 
 

Entered into: 
The Paper Shelter- #351 Make It Bloom                        (thepapershelter.blogspot.com.ar)
Butterfly Challenge- #106 Letter E                                 (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Cute Card Thursday- #546 Anything Goes                   (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge #206          (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

9 comments:

  1. Hey snap! Isn't she an adorable cutie! You've done such a beautiful job with her Kathy! That background is perfect! Thanks so much for using one of our beautiful images, and for sharing YOUR Charming Spring Girl with us at The Paper Shelter! Good Luck!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your frog card and the little girl is so sweet. The added butterfly does indeed count as an embellishment so your good to go. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs MrsA.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Fabbyy looking card and a big thank you for entering our challenges over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for for playing along with our sketch challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at challenge Artisctic Inspiration
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great stuff here -- a feast for the eyes. Thanks for joining in this week at Catch the Bug Challenges. Julie O, guest designer at Bugaboo Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!