Saturday, August 31, 2024

myasperations 8-31-24

    Last month a sweet blogger friend introduced me to Moondrea Designs images. The artist/owner, Andreia Silva, has an Etsy page HERE and is sponsoring her first FB Progressive Challenge this month HERE. I really liked this month's free digi so I signed up for the Progressive Challenge and can’t wait to see what September offers!
     I wanted the poppies on Andreia’s digi to stand out, so other than the flowers and hair, used pale pastel shades for the rest of the coloring. I grounded the card with a poppy field silhouette from Sheepski Designs, and black photo corners.
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Time Out: Photo Inspiration (my card, especially the sentiment, fits the theme of Friendship/Encouragement/Support)   
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Moondrea Designs FB August Progressive Challenge

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Background Silhouette- Sheepski Designs (Poppy Field) Retired

·   Cloudy sky created with decorative chalks, a makeup sponge, and a stencil made with a paper scrap.

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Sending A Happy Hello” ” from  Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Tree Scapes)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge (Hello/Miss You) Twist: Add Flowers
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

      This is my final entry into the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers (BYSHC) group  August challenge. This one features paper scraps and a sticker from my stash. The inside sentiment is embellished with winter wear fussy-cut from scraps of patterned paper.  
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including ABC Christmas Challenge-'P is for Pink’: (I paired shades of pink with the other cool, may I say “frosty,” colors of light blue, and lavender. All are a perfect fit for snowy winter themed card!)    
 
Supplies: 

·   Inside Sentiment from The Paper Shelter Digi Set (Vintage Xmas Designs)

·   Patterned paper scraps, “Let it Snow” sticker, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeAugust 2024 Linky

    This first card features a sweet digital image I found years ago when I was making scrapbooks for wedding and baby gifts. Talented scrapbook artist, Tricia Moore, has a great web shop named Little Scraps of Heaven. Tricia has hundreds of digis, cut files, and sets (complete with images, sentiments, and papers) from which to choose. Right now ALL of them (including sets that sell for $6) are on sale for $1.50! Stop in here to check them out!
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This challenge, hosted by two wonderful paper artists, Makira and Eden,  has introduced me to  many theme parks to add to my “bucket list.” Disney is on that list now for a new reason…. Just look at all the ice cream treats they offer! Disney’s Must Try Ice Cream Spots)  
 
Supplies: 

·   Background Digi-Scribbles Designs (Ice Cream Shoppe)

·   Bear Digi- Little Scraps of Heaven (Chillin’ Bear)

·   Sun Digi- from a Jan’s Digi Stamp Etsy Shop digi set (Let’s Go Fly a Kite)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen a

·   Sakura Glossy 3D Glaze Gel Pens- I used the bright blue pen to color the sunglasses 

·   Liquid Pearls-White Opal (layered atop the pink ice cream and drops to create a translucent/frozen look!)

·   Front Sentiment- LoveSVG Freebie (Summer Chillin’)

·   Foam tape, cloud paper, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  

We Craft Cards- Cold Treat

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #663-664
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (August)   Disney’s Must Try Ice Cream Spots  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 796: Getting Sentimental  (Option AG)

10 comments:

  1. Again, such amazing cards. You're so creative. I can just picture you there in your craft room when you get on a creative roll...there's no stopping you. And I feel so very blessed that you share your wonderful cards in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. Have an awesome week, and may God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beauties Kathy, the last on for Allsorts such fun, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and adding a sentiment.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I especially like the first card! (so Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great assortment of cards Kathy, each one so different but all beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful trio of cards Kathy - your girl with poppies image is gorgeous, and you have used it so sweetly there.
    Your Christmas stash must be growing rapidly with all this month's cards :)
    Such a cute wee bear and a gorgeous ice cream - love his shiny dark glasses
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creations do love the cool looking teddy thank you for joining us att Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your digi is beautifully colored, Kathy. Thanks for sharing that card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely set of cards, Kathy. What a great way to use up scraps and I love that the inside is as beautiful as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring of the girls hair and flowers. Thank you for joining us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!