Wednesday, August 21, 2024

myasperations 8-21-24

     I made this card for the current ABC Christmas Challenge theme “R is for Rudolph”. It features a scrap of sheet music I found in a well-worn songbook I found at a rummage sale several years ago. Since it was truly vintage, I made a few copies before using the original on a card. With the help of a few other treasures from my stash, the card came together pretty quickly. 
Supplies: 
·   Rudolph embellishment- upcycled from an old Christmas Card
·   Vintage Sheet Music “Up On the Housetop”
·    Brightly colored gifts- Stickers from my scrapbook stash.
·    Inside Sentiment is from a WeAre3 Digital Sentiment set (Sadly, this great Etsy Shop closed) 
·   Gift stickers, and other items from my card-making stash.
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #661-662
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes (twist- Music)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeAugust 2024 Linky

     This is my second entry into the August Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers (BYSHC) Challenge Sketch. I simplified the time it would take to create the card by using pretty striped Christmas patterned paper that I matched to the coloring I’d done on an adorable Gingerbread guy printed onto a Kraft cardstock base. A computer-generated sentiment and a peppermint candy embellishment (created with a pre-colored digi, a scrap of acetate, fine-point black Sharpie marker, and a bit of fussy-cutting and taping) finished off the festive card!
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Double D’s: Shapes (The pudgy little gingerguy is spotlighted in three colored circles!), Outlawz Monday Greeting (I hope that "Hey There..." is considered to be a version of "Hello"?) and Park Hopping-My Happy Place (this fun challenge is a favorite as it introduces me to theme parks around the world. Several are now on my bucket list, especially one named Santa’s Village in New Hampshire. I’d love to visit it one day… and who knows… maybe I could even work there later in my retirement?!
Supplies: 

·   Gingerbread Image from a Beccy’s Place digi set (Sugar and Spice) Now in a Clear Set

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Peppermint Candy on inside- from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Candy) Retired

·   Kraft brown paper, patterned paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (August)    Santa’s Village
Double D’s Challenge- Shapes  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge (Hello/Miss You)

    I LOVE cherries, so have wanted to create a card with a yummy cheery freebie as soon as it appeared at Beccy’s Place. Finally  decided to pair the gorgeous pre-colored option with an ice cream cone and a favorite sentiment that always makes me laugh!
     I’m entering this card into two photo inspiration challenges that focus on fruits-Inspiration Station and Time Out (I love when Cherries start showing up in our stores. They are so worth waiting for!), and Paper Funday: Summer Holiday (I spent a few days last week at a family gathering in Montana… and we celebrated with our favorite foods and drinks, including fresh cherries!)
Supplies: 

·   Ice cream Cone Digi- Freebie from Scribbles Designs (HERE)

·   Cherry Digis (precolored)- Freebies from Beccy’s Place (HERE)

·   Scribbles Shiny White 3-D Paint- Used to add texture to ice cream

·   “Chocolate” sprinkles- diamond painting supplies from clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby!) 

·   “Cone” created with a scrap of patterned from my stash.

·   Sentiment - A Freebie from gingershouse.blogspot.com (I scream You scream…)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Time Out Challenge- #270 Photo Inspiration (Fruit)   
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August   Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Paper Funday- #68 Anything Goes      

10 comments:

  1. These are spectacular! Another great trio. BTW, they are making me hungry. LOL! Great use of patterned paper; it looks like you actually pieced it together. Great job matching your coloring to the background! Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place.
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and festive Christmas Card. So cute with that little guy hanging off the music! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun trio of cards Kathy - especially that final one - the inside sentiment really made me giggle!
    Beautiful work as always
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas cards are fabulous Kathy, so cheerful and festive! I love the ice cream cone card, such a fun sentiment, and the texture in the ice cream is wonderful!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, your ice cream cone card is so "sweet" and the inside sentiment had me rollin' Great card Kathy, Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and Paper Funday Challenges. We look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Kathy - your last card certainly made me chuckle! Thanks for taking some Time Out to play cards with us at Time Out Challenges always lovely to see your creations in the gallery!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card. Well done Thanks for joining us at The outlawz Festive Friday

    Geweldige kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet bij The outlawz Festive Friday
    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls
    Girlz Rebel Challenge
    Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing but cuteness on these beauties. Thanks for joining us at Outlawz Twisted Thursday. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs, Berni DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!