Friday, August 23, 2024

myasperations 8-22-24

       I’ve enjoyed the current sketch at the August Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers group, so I have made several cards using it! This one features a Di’s Digi, colored to match the brightly colored patterned paper.
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including Di’s Digis: Clean and Simple (I'm not very good at CAS cards, mainly because I love fussy-cutting, embellishing, and layering. For this card, I kept all to a minimum, so it truly is an example of a CAS card for me!)
     A sad note: Di Carubia, artist/owner of Di’s Digi, is closing her website and moving to her Etsy Shop. offering 60% off her current inventory until August 30th. (Visit HERE to learn more... and maybe add a few of Di's wonderful digis to your collection!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Dis Digi (Snugglecan Ted B&W) Also available in pre-colored version

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Marvey Silver Marker, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- “Christmas Kisses and a Warm Hug” (Computer Generated)

·   Patterned Christmas papers, metallic silver paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Clean and Simple
Double D’s Challenge- Shapes  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)

      Cara, the sponsor for the August Outlawz Progressive Challenge, sparked my creativity with her “Flower Lightbulb” digi! I wanted the single sunflower to draw attention, so I used an X-acto blade to trim the inside from the lightbulb. After coloring the sunflower, I fussy cut and set it aside. I lined the inside of the bulb with patterned paper, adhered the sunflower with small bits of adhesive, and finished putting the card together with assorted bits and pieces from my stash. The sentiment is from a favorite Beccy’s Place digi set.
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Outlawz August Progressive Challenge-Flower Lightbulb from Cara

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment “Where Flowers Bloom…” Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Bees and Blooms)

·   Acetate, patterned paper, cardstock and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (August) Flower Lightbulb  
Outlawz ChallengeAugust 2024 Linky
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #109 Polka Dots

     Many years ago I discovered a wonderful artist/illustrator who creates amazing vintage “printables”. Her name is Paulette Slater, and she offers freebies through one of my favorite FB sites. Free Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC provides dozens of free sentiments and digis regularly. Join the site to have access to all the wonderful freebies that Paulette offers! (You’ll also then learn about the seasonal and themed sets that Paulette sells through a shop… where she also occasionally hides some wonderful freebies. You can visit her shop HERE.)
      The beautiful pre-colored digi on this Christmas card is from one of Paulette's “Scripture Clubs” that she offers 6 times a year. This is just one of the many card options that were in that set and its beautiful coloring in shades of parchment and pink is a perfect addition to the current “ABC Christmas Challenge: P is for Pink.”
      If you follow my blog, you’ll know that I enjoy adding personal touches to pre-colored images, in this case providing shading or brightening the color of the flowers with markers and adding highlights with my much loved white gel pen. I also added a touch of texture to the card front with filigree gold photo corner stickers, and deep red “berries” made with Ruby Red Liquid Pearls. I didn’t forget to decorate the inside of the card with a few additional blooms fussy-cut and layered to frame the sentiment, and a circle cut from deep pink patterned paper added to ground the interior of the card.
Supplies: 
·   Digi with Sentiments- From a previous Scripture Club at Ko-fi.com (TLC Creates Vintage

·   Shading and highlights added with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Filigree Gold Photo Corner Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Liquid Pearls-Ruby Red

·   Kraft cardstock and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #661-662
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (August)    Santa’s Village (includes Nativity)

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Kathy... gotta love that little bear poking his head out of the watering can! So cute. Your colouring is wonderful and the sentiments you've chosen for each card are perfect.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another delightful trio Kathy - loving the image of the wee bear in the watering can!!
    Very clever use of the sunflower in the lightbulb - that is a stunning result
    Loving that Christmas card - I didn't realise Paulette did a scripture card 'club'.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️❤️❤️ An amazingly elegant Christmas card. Love the choice of scripture; it had me singing The Gloria from mass in my head. 😁😊🎶 BTW, notice I mentioned in my head as if I sung outload that would not be good for anyone - not a talent I possess. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great weekend!
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makira, your response made me smile. I totally understand not singing out loud as I mainly sound better in my head! (And it is one reason I've always liked working with little kiddos. They don't care how a person sings... as long as they do it with passion!!)

      Delete
  4. Kathy, you have been busy! Your cards are just wonderful - I especially like the perfectly aligned diagonal lines, and the fun lightbulb card you hand-carved out! Beautifully done! Like you, I find it difficult making CAS, and wish I could make them look as elegant and posh as others do! hugs, de
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful cards in our challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always super grateful to have you play along with us, and I hope you'll join us again real soon. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Christmas card, and I love that the inside looks just as nice as the outside.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo, that Christmas Bear is just too cute. Thanks for joining our Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow , that is gorgeous Kathy!!! Thanks for joining the Outlawz Progressive challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are just fabulous, you have such an eye for color and design. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!