Friday, August 30, 2024

myasperations 8-30-24

     I created this cute card as my final entry into Di’s Digi Stamps: Clean and Simple Challenge. This card might not look like a CAS card, but for me, a person who loves fussy cutting, embellishing, and layering, this is pretty basic! The wonderful colored background image is a freebie from Di’s Digis FB Page. (You can join HERE, then access the freebie by typing Halloween Moon into Di’s FB search bar.)
    I traced the ghost from the printed digi onto a scrap of vellum, then trimmed the original ghost. After coloring the pumpkin and bunny, I attached the vellum ghost. The process took a little planning but otherwise went together quickly.
     A sad note- Di Carubia, artist/owner of Di’s Digi recently announced that she is closing her website and offering 60% off her current inventory. You have until Aug 31 to shop her sale HERE. The good news is that her Etsy Shop will remain open HERE,)  
    I’m entering my card into several challenges including Park Hopping: My Happy Place (I have one Halloween theme park on my bucket list-Hersheypark Halloween. Two words-Free Chocolate!) 
Supplies: 

·   Background Scene- Dis Digi FB freebie- after joining Dis FB page you can search for the digi named Halloween Moon

·   Dig-Dis Digis (Boo To You, too)  Retired

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen and Sharpie fine-line permanent black marker.

·   Front Sentiment “Boo”- Freebie from skogstokiga (Blog closed)

·   Vellum and other items items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Clean and Simple
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (August)    Hersheypark Halloween
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes  

      I love sunflowers, so I made this card for a current sunflower challenge. I used a digi from a Beccy’s Place set that provides several great “panels” for many occasions. I’m in the process of uncluttering my home, so had fun using items I’ve had in my stash for a while.  Scraps of ribbon and burlap, patterned paper, and brown Nuvo Drops add color, patterns, and texture to the finished card.
    I’m entering my card into several challenges including Colorful Options:Yellow/Green (sunflowers display both of these colors!), and Not2Shabby: August Sunflowers (a single beautiful sunflower takes center stage on my card.) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sunflowers from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Hello Sunshine)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Nuvo Drops- Copper Penny (Adds texture to the center of sunflower)

·   Front Sentiment “Thanks so Much” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Card Panels)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #663-664
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: August: Yellow/Green  
Not2Shabby Monthly Challenge- August Mood Board 
Love Those Pretty Papers Challenge- Aug 2024: Summertime  

     I made this card for the current Outlawz Sunday Challenge. Based on the poem, “Red Wheelbarrow.”  I was inspired by the poem’s name, and my card features a perfect from Fred She Said. Since I needed to color the wheelbarrow red, I decided to turn my card into a Christmas card. I colored just the wheelbarrow on the digi, and also colored and fussy-cut Christmas greenery from a Dover Publications coloring book page. After cutting a slit along the front edge of the wheelbarrow, I slid sections of the greenery on top of the spring flowers in the original digi. Christmas gifts from a Beccy’s Place set, colored and fussy-cut, provide embellishments. The sentiments are from a favorite Beccy’s Place digi set, except that changed the format of the inside of the card by adding a brightly-colored upcycled “MERRY” to the “Make it Merry” sentiment.
      I’m entering my card into several challenges including Papercraft Challenge: Polka Dots (both the ribbon and gifts on front of card are polka dotted).  


Supplies: 

·   Wheelbarrow Digi- Fred She Said (Wheelbarrow)

·   Gift digis from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Here Comes Christmas)

·   Christmas Foliage from a Dover Publications Coloring Book (Creative Haven Christmas Cheer)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Ready or Not Here Comes Christmas” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Here Comes Christmas)

·   Inside Sentiment “Make It...” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Here Comes Christmas) and “Merry” upcycled from an old card.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Red Wheelbarrow  
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #109 Polka Dots
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #754: Hip to be Square
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeAugust 2024 Linky

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful art, Kathy. I'm always so impressed with how many cards you're able to create. It's impressive, and I'm SO grateful to have you share your wonderful cards with us at Word Art Wednesday. Thanks so much and please stop by again soon. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fantastic cards Kathy! I love the little ghost on your first project, great idea to use the transparent vellum.
    The sunflower card has a wonderful country feel, so warm and welcoming. The piece of burlap adds a nice texture and the colours work well together.
    I like how you've used the gifts on your last card, who wouldn't love seeing such a festive wheelbarrow! Fabulous idea to change the foliage to holly and berries.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion of Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that sunflower card Kathy - that is so wonderfully textural.
    The Christmas wheelbarrow is brilliantly executed - great work
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Kathy! Love those sunflowers & awesome design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our new Love Those Pretty Papers challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers


    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!