Saturday, August 24, 2024

myasperations 8-24-24

     My final entry, for the Sweet November August "fantasy" challenge, features a dragon named Errol enjoying “smores.” This fun scene reminds me of two of my favorite childhood summer activities- making yummy ‘smores’ whenever we went on camping adventures, and catching fireflies in our backyard on balmy nights. So… that is how I wanted Errol to end his summer! With the help of any upcycled Hershey wrapper, a sheet of firefly-patterned paper, and scraps of vellum, my card creates just a bit of magic! 
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Cupcake Inspirations: Happy Birthday (since fireflies always seem a bit magical to me, when I found this sentiment, I knew that my card would become a birthday card!) Oh... and during August Cupcake Inspirations is celebrating their 600th Challenge!  That's 15 years of offering us yumminess.... and this month they are also offering over a dozen prizes!) 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Errol)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment Computer Generated

·   Inside Sentiment- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Fairy Folk)

·   Firefly embellishments made from scraps of patterned paper with yellow vellum “lights”

·   Upcycled candy bar wrapper, cardstock and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #600 Theme Challenge- Happy Birthday   
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: August: Yellow/Green  
Not2Shabby Monthly Challenge- August Mood Board 
Paper Funday#68 Anything Goes      

      I made another card for the current ABC Christmas Challenge theme “R is for Rudolph” this time using a free digi from Scribbles Designs. The sheet music is also a freebie; all the other items are from my stash. So fun!
  
Supplies: 

·   Front Digi- Free from Scribbles Designs (#57 Rudy Free)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sheet Music- “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” Free version found HERE

·   Inside Sentiment- The Paper Shelter Digi Set (Vintage Xmas Designs)

·   Ribbon, googly eyes, red glitter and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #661-662
Outlawz ChallengeFestive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeAugust 2024 Linky

     I wanted to make another card for the current Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge “Coffee and Cute Critters” but after looking through my stamps and digis, I ended up with TWO! They feature silhouette-shaped critter-sentiments that are actually unusual, with a funny/snarky tone that made me laugh out loud when I first read them. (They are from a large “bundle” of 150 sentiments, many- like my two cards- incorporate images into the sentiments themselves. They are also provided in several formats, including SVG.)
     I’m entering the pair into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is one of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. This card was inspired by a favorite movie “The Secret Life of Pets," featured in one of my favorite parks, Universal Studios), and Allsorts: Delightful Animals (I grew up in a family that always had pets. Usually a dog and a cat-or three! But we also “homed” an occasional parakeet, guinea pig, tadpole/frog, and once a salamander.)                         
                                        
Supplies: 

·   Silhouette Sentiments from thehungryjpeg.com (The Funny Bundle Vol. 2

·   Dog print patterned paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Coffee Print papers from Imagine That! digi sets (sadly, no longer available)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge- August #32 Coffee and Cute Critters 
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes- #103 Aug  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 795: Delightful Animals  
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (August)    The Secret Life of Pets

13 comments:

  1. Perfect cards for our Allsorts theme, can you identify if it's the Cat or Dog card to comply in case selected.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I added a little extra to the dog one... so let's go with that! Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  2. Love all of these and such fun dog/cat digitals!
    Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely adorable! Love the script inside the sihouettes. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great Sunday!
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection of cards. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your dog card.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Errol is certainly a cutie and I love s'mores too! And just because summer is ending, s'mores can still be had by all - using the air fryer! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful fun quartet of cards, Kathy - wee Errol looks a friendly wee dragon... the reindeer is such a fun image with the googly eyes :) and the cat and dog are super cute
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. All wonderful makes as usual. Your dog silhouette card is brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dragon/Smores card! How creative to use the Hershey wrapper, and goes perfectly with that patterned paper for a summer night camp fire! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this lovely dog card with us at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dragon is SO FUN!!! Love this card design. Your cards are adorable. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dragon !! Really made me smile,thank you for another super entry for our Green-Yellow challenge at Colorful Options.

    `marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards - and that Rudolph card is perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!