Monday, September 9, 2024

myasperations 9-9-24

     This card is my first entry into the current Cupcake Inspirations challenge and it’s Buggy Life theme! I printed the free Mason Jar on gray cardstock and added color, shading, and highlights to the lid with an assortment of markers and gel pens. I laid a scrap of acetate on the jar and used a fine-line black marker to trace the glass portion. After fussy-cutting the lid and acetate jar, I fit them together and adhered them with a strip of tape/adhesive. (Since I love adding details, I used a thick needle to poke a few holes into the top of the lid. I made enough bug homes from jars during childhood that I knew this key step helped keep them alive!) A scrap of vinyl wallpaper and wood-grain patterned paper provided the background. The scene on the card front then came together quickly with a caterpillar sticker, a “twig”, and assorted leaves. Computer-generated sentiments turned the card into a humorous Get Well Card.  My final special touch was to sketch a meandering “trail” that the critter took across the inside of the card once he was “freed”! So Fun!  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Free Printable Mason Jar Outline (with lid) HERE

·   Lid printed on grey cardstock and colored with gray Spectrum Noir Classique markers, a Marvy Silver Marker, and Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens.

·   Caterpillar from a Jolees Sticker Set

·   Jar traced onto scrap of acetate with Sharpie fine-line permanent black marker

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Twig with leaf created with paper scraps

·   Scrap of vinyl wallpaper, tissue paper leaves, woodgrain paper, cardstock, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #601 Theme Challenge- Buggy for Bugs    
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (September)   It’s Tough to Be a Bug 
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz ChallengeSept 2024 Linky

      This is my first entry into the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge, which features coffee and/or hot chocolate, plus this month- cookies and/or candy! This yummy digi from Beccy’s Place includes a mug of hot chocolate with a sugar cookie embellishing its whipped topping! I opted for a monochromatic color scheme with a sprig of holly to add some red and green pops of color.
Supplies: 

·   Digi from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Marvy Silver Marker, and Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens,

·  Front Sentiment “Merry Christmas” from Papercrafts Magazine (no longer available)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Hot chocolate kisses…” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Brand name is Sticko’s (I usually find them at WalMart)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge- Sept #33 Coffee + Candy and/or Cookies  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #663-664
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Sept  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

     I’ve had this sweet Whimsey Stamps Christmas digi in my collection for a few years. With a simple change in the color scheme plus a few pumpkin stickers, I had a Halloween card. After coloring the digi I carefully fussy-cut the penguin and strand of lights. I created the “glow” around the orange lightbulbs by cutting circles from an orange plastic file folder. (If you follow my blog you’ll know I use these items quite often. Sometimes called document file folders, they come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. They're cheaper than colored vellum and more translucent. Punches and dies don’t work on these sheets, but you can use templates to trace shapes onto them with a permanent fine-line marker. A sharp pair of scissors makes cutting the shapes, like my orange circles, an easy task.)
     I’m entering this card into several color-based challenges- Colorful Options: Be Bold (the use of three bright colors-orange, blue and yellow-gold provides a bold contrast that really pops!), Outlaws Tuesday: Photo Inspiration (varying shades of the three bright colors are included in my card), and Allsorts: Autumn Colors (every fall where I live the trees erupt in beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. It thrills my soul every year!). My card also meets the theme challenge for Time Out: Friendship (I love the sentiment on the inside of my card as it makes me think of the special people in my life that I call my “heart friends.” They bring joy to my life, and also regularly provide me with encouragement and support during many of life’s trials!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Whimsy Stamps (Penguin Light Me Up)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment-Cut from a TlcCreations Bookmark Freebie (Welcome Great Pumpkin)

·   Inside Sentiment-“You Make My Heart Smile” from Whimsey Stamps digi set (Vintage Sentiments)

·   Starry Sky Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Scraps of file folder, cardstock, pumpkin stickers, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: Sept- Be Bold
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Photo Inspiration  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 797- Autumn Colors  

12 comments:

  1. Another very productive craft session and post Kathy, absolutely love the fun and vibrancy of the Penguin card, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bug's Life! Such a cute show! Love your play on words; this card will definitely cheer someone up. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Hope you have a crafty week!
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've added the pumpkins behind the string of lights. What a clever idea. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute cards, Kathy. Thanks so much for stopping by to share with us at Word Art Wednesday. Best of luck in the random draw. I appreciate you very much and hope that you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards Kathy, love the images you've used! The bug in the jar is very cute, and the sentiment that goes along with it is very clever. Great colouring as always!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, great image and layout too. Have a great day! Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your 'bug' card Kathy - that would make anyone feel better!!
    The monochromatic Christmas card is so classy - well done
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC! Smitten with your coloring!! Awesome to see this in the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What adorable cards. I LOVE the bug one with the caterpillar in the jar. So clever. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so cute, and I am sure the recipient will love it Thanks for joining us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card, so cute, thanks for playing at Outlawz Colour Challlenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your cards especially the mug one! Pretty neutral color palette!
    Thanks for playing along with the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!