Saturday, September 28, 2024

myasperations 9-28-24

   I recently participated in Day 1 of a wonderful Card Making Retreat hosted on YouTube by Not2Shabby (HERE). In my last posting, I shared a card that artist/presenter Jamie helped me make during her demonstration. Cassie, the second artist/presenter, demonstrated how to make a Fun Fold Fall Card. Cassie provided excellent instructions, hence, my card! 
  I wanted to enter my card into the Not2Shabby Sept challenge, so I printed off a digi that met the requirements and nabbed fall-themed paper to decorate the background. I colored the digi to match the background and included a fox (challenge requirement), a beautiful, and warmly dressed, leaf raker. If you look closely, you'll see a happy little squirrel perched atop her curly hair and waving at us!  A flurry of leaves, fussy-cut from the patterned paper, embellish the inside of the card.
  I’m entering this card into four other challenges with fall/autumn-related themes: Inspiration Station; Double D’s;  Love Those Pretty Papers; and Time Out Challenge.    
                         
                        
Supplies: 

·   Girl and Fox Digi from Bugaboo Digis (Company no longer in business)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Happy Day”- a freebie from maxammadestudio.com

·   Inside Sentiment “My Favorite Color is Autumn” is from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Pumpkin and Spice)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Not2Shabby Monthly Challenge- September Mood Board 
Inspiration Station- Challenge #65 Inspiration Prompt
Double D’s Challenge- Fall Leaves 
Love Those Pretty Papers Challenge- Sept 2024: Fall

    I wanted to make another card for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers/BYSHC: FB Sketch Challenge and use more paper scraps, as I have a ton of them! So, I created another “quilt” using small squared of Christmas patterned paper to fit within the sketch parameters. One of my favorite gingerbread cuties from Beccy’s Place looks adorable with the quilted background, weighed down with gifts. (Note- the gingerguy is pre-colored, but I printed off an extra copy of his hands and the gifts and candy canes he is holding, so that I could color them in traditional red and green. (This allows me to enter the card into the current ABC Christmas Challenge: T is for “Traditional Christmas colours.”)
   Note- as I was positioning the little gingerguy onto the card front, I decided to flip the background as I liked having the quilted section framing his face. Also, I adhered the gifts to the digi. To add depth to the card, I trimmed around the extra set of hands and adhered them to the card with foam tape. (You can see this in the side photo.)  A bit of texture (frosting) was then added. So fun!) 
   I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (this is a favorite challenge as it has introduced me to several theme parks that I’d love to someday visit. This one, Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party, promises not just yummy holiday treats, but also fireworks. Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday!) freebies during their Halloween event. So fun!)
Supplies: 

·   Gingerbread Image from a Beccy’s Place set (Sugar and Spice) Available in a Clear Set

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Hello Sweet Friend” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Keeping it Simple)

·   Inside Sentiment “May…sweet as Candy Canes” from Sweet November Stamps digi set (Christmas Sentiments)

·   Cookie Frosting- White 3D Paint

·   Patterned paper scraps, adhesives and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
ABC Christmas Challenge- S and T are for…?”   T is for Traditional Christmas Colours
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Sept  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

    Cara, the sponsor for the September Outlawz Progressive Challenge, provided a beautiful Mandala digi that I knew would look gorgeous in fall colors! I printed off two copies of the digi, colored, fussy-cut and set them aside. I decided that a dark-colored background would allo the brightly colored mandala to POP!  My fall/Thanksgiving supply box provided a perfect solution that would add texture to the card- a paper napkin. I adhered one to the card base, then positioned the two mandalas onto a card base with a favorite autumn sentiment sandwiched in the middle!  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Outlawz August Progressive Challenge (Mandala from Cara)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “My Favorite Color is Autumn” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Pumpkin and Spice)

·   Leaf patterned paper napkin- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (Sept) Mandala by Cara  
Outlawz ChallengeSept 2024 Linky
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #667-668
Allsorts Challenge- Week 800-Anything Goes  

1 comment:

  1. Some beautifully rich colours going on in today's post Kathy and the mandala is just lovely, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!