Wednesday, September 11, 2024

myasperations 9-11-24

       I pulled out a purrfectly sweet clear stamp set from Art Impressions to make a card for their current challenge. Although the theme is “My Favorite Peeps”, I created my card to show that some people's favorite peeps are furry!  This card will be set aside to give to one of my co-workers who proudly claims the title "Cat Lady." Her feline friends (and people friends) do ADORE her!
 
Supplies: 
·   Cat Lady Clear Stamp Set from Art Impressions (Retired)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen  

·   Front Sentiment “Loads of Love” from  Beccy’s Place Digi Set- The Long Haul  (Retired)

·   Inside Sentiment- “It will be a Cat-astrophy…”” from Eureka Digital Stamps (Currently not available)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Paw Print paper-Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Art Impressions Guest DT Challenge- #386 My Favorite Peeps
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #35 AG                                          
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes- #104 Sept  

     I had three brothers, so grew up in a rough-and-tumble world with lots of softball, fishing, and collecting bugs! I even took an entomology class in college because I liked learning about [most] kinds of bugs. Butterflies were always a favorite. So… I like everything about this card! I wanted to find a unique way to include this large sentiment, and decided on a special fold, named the Standing Pop-Up card. (My supplies list includes a link to a tutorial.) However, for the sentiment to fit, I did end up making the pop-up section bigger and… and then rotated the card design a bit, making more of a “lying on its side” pop-up card! A scrap of paper doily and pretty ribbon added a romantic vintage feeling to the card. Ahhh… nice!                           
Supplies: 

·   Standing Pop-Up card tutorial can be found HERE

·   Sentiment Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Happiness is like a Butterfly…) Currently Not Available

·   Butterfly Digis- Fred She Said Designs (Distressed-Butterfly & Blossoms-Digi-Set)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Paper Doily, R&W ribbon, thin strips of acetate, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #123 (Anything Goes Positive)
Paper Funday- #69 Anything Goes
We Love Stamping- Hand Colored  

   I made this card featuring a Di’s Digi Stamps image named “Halloween Crew,” from for their current “Fun Fold” challenge. The wonderful colored background image is a freebie from Di’s Digi FB Page. You can join HERE, then access the freebie by typing Halloween Moon into Di’s FB search bar.) I printed a copy of the Halloween Crew digi on white cardstock, colored, fussy-cut and set it aside. At this point, you can quickly finish the card by adhering the digi, sentiments, and creating some green grass “fringe” to slide under the wheels.
      Or…if you don’t mind a little more time creating, you can add a little bit of googly-eyed fun to the card! Just print off and fussy-cut an extra copy of the ghost, use an Exacto knife to trim out his eyes and mouth, plus trim around the windshield and side of the car where the ghost sts. Then slide the spook into place and tape him down on the underside of the car. Add the googly eyes… and enjoy a bit of giggling while finishing the card front!
    If you follow my blog you’ll know that I like to decorate the inside of my cards, and I really had fun with this one! I printed off a smaller background scene, in greyscale since my ink levels were a little low, traced the ghost from the printed digi onto a scrap of vellum, fussy cut then adhered it behind a fun (and freebie) sentiment. So fun!
    I’m entering my card into several challenges including Park Hopping: My Happy Place (I have one Halloween theme park on my bucket list-Hersheypark Halloween. Two words-Free Chocolate!)
Supplies: 
·   Halloween Background- Dis Digi FB Halloween moon freebie- Oct 10 2023

·   Digi- from Dis Digis B&W Digital Image (Halloween Crew)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiments- hand printed on scraps and cut into talk balloons.

·Inside Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (FaBOOlous Halloween)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Fancy Folds
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (SeptHersheypark Halloween
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Fall Is Coming)
Outlawz ChallengeSept 2024 Linky

12 comments:

  1. Your cat card is SO CUTE! I love how you did her clothes. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions for our people challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this Halloween card full of delight! So cute and great dimension! Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely sentiment and beautiful butterflies! The doily and ribbon are perfect touches to this wonderful design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rocking the challenges!! I Love all your cards but the butterfly is my favorite. I love the sentiment!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great fun card at the top of your post and a beautiful quote on the one for We Love Stamping, many thanks for joining us again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love it's whimsical style. The addition of the google eyes is the perfect embellishment. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Hope you have a relaxing & crafty weekend!
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super variety of cards, the butterfly sentiment is lovely and so uplifting! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cat card is really cute. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge this week. Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty Hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful butterfly quotation and a lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous array of cards, all different style and all just as great as the other. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and best of luck in the draw!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love that cat-lady card Kathy - that is gorgeous, and so beautifully coloured, too.
    The butterfly card is also a beauty - I had two older brothers, car mad in their teens, so I too was well educated in cars - not just make, but model and year were also essential knowledge!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great collection of cards. Thanks so much for sharing the pop up one with us at we love stamping xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!