Tuesday, September 17, 2024

myasperations 9-17-24a

      For the current challenge at The Paper Shelter, I embellished this back-to-school-themed card with punched stars in several colors and sizes. Most are attached to the teepee card frame with small strips of acetate. 
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Path Of Positivity Challenge: Power of Words: Strength/Courage (my card, with its simple sentiment and school theme fit with this quote  provided with the challenge “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.”  Earl Nightingale.)
 
Supplies: 

·   Teepee Card Instructions- Youtube Video HERE, Tutorial HERE

·   Digi- The Paper Shelter Digital Stamp  (Urban And Modern Boy)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Star paper punches-assorted sizes from Marvy Uchida

·   Front Sentiment “You Are Awesome”- Freebie from Skogstokiga (Blog closed)

·   Alphabet patterned paper, acetate strips, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #608: Punches and/or Dies  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Back To School)
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz ChallengeSept 2024 Linky
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #123 Power of Words: Strength/Courage 

      The inside sentiment on this card fits perfectly with the adorable photo of the kitten on the front, peeking around from a pumpkin! I created it for the current Time Out challenge theme of Snarky. At least I think my card has a tone that is slightly snarky or maybe “self-snarky” if there is such a thing ?! Ha!
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (this is a favorite challenge as it has introduced me to several theme parks that I’d love to someday visit. One of them is Hersheypark which offers yummy freebies during their Halloween event. So fun!) 
Supplies: 

·   Cat photo- upcycled from an old calendar

·   Front Sentiment “Ummm”- handwritten

·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy Halloween”-Hero Arts (retired)

·   Inside Sentiment- A Freebie from gingershouse.blogspot.com (Holy Water Sizzles)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Time Out Challenge- #272 Snarky    
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes- #104 Sept  
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Goes Fall Sept 2024   
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Sept)        Hersheypark Halloween

      Allsorts current challenge is “Something Fishy” and I decided to make a unique card that Anglers will appreciate, especially those who like fly fishing. (And, since I made the inside sentiment generic with "special day" it can be used for a number of occassions- birthday, Father's Day, retirement, etc.) After coloring the fishing lure, aka “fly”, I used a template to trace a circle around it, cut that out, and set it aside. Next came the fun part!
      I dug into my stash of miscellaneous “Fibers” that I’ve collected over the last few decades and picked 12-15 bright and sparkly strands. which I  cut 3-4 inches in length. I laid these selected fibers into a pile and tied them together in the middle with a piece of thread. After adhering them to the fly with a small strip of double-stick tape,  I sewed them into place with an embroidery thread (but any thin cord would work!) To help it look more like a real fishing fly, I used small sharp scissors (I like my “Bumble Bee” the best for this task!) to randomly snip the fibers to random lengths, helping to add a wispy/fluffy look to it! The rest of the card then came together pretty quickly with rustic-looking washi tape and assorted items from my stash. (If you are a regular visitor to my blog, you might recognize the light blue circle around the fly as a scrap of a plastic file folder. (I use these wonderful items quite often. Sometimes called document file folders, they come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. They're cheaper than colored vellum and more translucent. Punches and dies don’t work on these sheets, but you can use templates to trace shapes onto them with a permanent fine-line marker. A sharp pair of scissors will then make cutting the shapes an easy task.)
              

Supplies: 

·   Upcycled state map for background

·   Digi- QKR Eureka Digital Stamp (Fishing Fly) Currently Not Available

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated (I’ve had this sentiment in my file of sentiments for many years, and it wasn’t sourced. So,  I just did some web research and found it in several versions, the earliest and closest to the one I used is from 2001 HERE. )

·   “Bumble Bee” scissors- EK Tools Cutter Bee Precision Tip Scissor

·   Washi Tape- Tim Holtz

·   Stickles- assorted colors

·   Fiber strips, plastic file folder scraps, circle template and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 798- Something Fishy  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #665-666
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #110 Fabulous Fall

1 comment:

  1. This is so good Kathy! What a great design, and use of your punches! I love it! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!