Thursday, September 26, 2024

myasperations 9-26-24

     In the late 70s, when celebrating our first Christmas together, I learned that my new hubby's Mom made several special holiday cookies, and his favorite was Gingersnaps. A few days later, I agreed with him as I bit into one of the chewy, delicious, and spicy cookies. This card features a photo of the handwritten recipe card that my MIL gave me. Since I’ve had it in my collection for nearly five decades, I consider the original a precious heirloom!
  
Supplies: 
·   Wooden Spoon Digi  from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Tied Up With String) Retired

·   Inside Sentiment- “Sweet Holiday Wishes” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Paper scraps, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #667-668
ABC Christmas Challenge- S and T are for…?”  T is for Traditional Christmas Colours
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Sept  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeSept 2024 Linky

     I recently participated in Day 1 of a wonderful Card Making Retreat hosted on YouTube by Not2Shabby (you can view it HERE). Jamie, the first artist/presenter, demonstrated how to make a Collage Belly Band Card using patterned paper and ephemera. I was inspired to make one of my own with items I had on hand. THIS is the result!
    The gatefold front holds lovely fall-patterned papers. But the belly band is truly the highlight of my creation.  It features a cute little origami fox from a set of 12 origami critters that I found on sale at Oriental Trading Company a while ago. The original fox is cute, but I did a bit of fussy-cutting to create the look of “fur.”  When he looked nice and fluffy, I set him aside and began building the collage for the belly band. A small white paper doily provided a base. Next, I created and adhered a sentiment banner, perched the fox upon it, and used a few scraps of white paper and my trusty Fiskars scissors to add two fuzzy little paws. Next came a few leaves, stamped with an Autumn Leaves Rainbow ink pad, fussy-cut and adhered. A few enamel dots add texture and shine.
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including and Outlawz Sunday Challenge: Summers End (the line that most inspired is “savoring the beauty of the season.”) and several others that focused on fall/fall colors (Inspiration Station’s Photo Prompt,  Double D’s, Time Out, and Not2Shabby- which also requires that the card includes a fox. Mine does!)
  
  
Supplies: 

·   Gate Fold Card with Belly Band instructions in the YouTube link, or I found one on Pinterest HERE

·   Origami Fox Digi- Oriental Trading Company (Everyday Origami Booklets)

·   Front Sentiment-“Fall Is In the Air” from RG Ave (Company no longer in business) 

·   Inside Sentiment- “May your blessings be plentiful” from Power Poppy Digital Set (Autumns Opulence)

·   Fall Leaf Wood-Mount Stamp from Embossing Arts (company no longer in business.)

·   Wicker Basket Filled with Apples Wood-Mount Stamp from PSX Rubber Stamps (company no longer in business.)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen.

·   Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Inkpad-Autumn Leaves (available through several web sources)

·   Patterned papers- Hobby Lobby, JoAnne’s and Stampin’ Up!

·   Enamal dots, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Not2Shabby Monthly Challenge- September Mood Board 
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Summers End  
Inspiration Station- Challenge #65 Inspiration Prompt 
Double D’s Challenge- Fall Leaves  

      I have many great-nieces who love mermaids, so I never seem to have enough cards to fill the need! This one, which features a Sweet November Stamps cutie named Coral Reefwater, will go to a kind-hearted and caring 12-year-old niece who is a little nervous about this thing called “middle-school.”  I hope it encourages and also reminds her just how awesome she is!
Supplies: 
·   Mermaid Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Coral Reefweaver and Moki)

·   Coral is perched on a freebie digi from Sweet November Stamps (Maiden Rock) Printed on kraft brown cardstock

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Wave Patterned Paper- JoAnne’s Crafts

·   Front sentiment- “Say Yes to New Adventures” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Smooth Seas) Retired

·   Front sentiment- “I Want to Be a Mermaid” circle sentiment from Hobby Lobby (top part is covered by sentiment noted above)

·   Inside Sentiment- “You Are Awesome” Freebie from Skogstokiga (Blog closed)

·   Small fishes- From Keep It Simple 6x9 Paper Pack (Penguin Party

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #758: For a Child  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #37 AG                                          
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Sept)       The Little Mermaids Undersea Adventure 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Kathy, that is such a cute image and a really lovely card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge again at Passion for Markers, Sarah - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating a card with the recipe from your MIL is a wonderful idea Kathy, and I'm sure it would be a precious keepsake for any members of your hubby's family.
    I love how you've decorated the belly band of your second card, that sure is a cute little fox! Your last card is fabulous too, I'm sure your grand niece will really enjoy the sweet mermaid you've coloured for her.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!