Tuesday, September 24, 2024

myasperations 9-24-24

    Since retiring earlier this month I’ve been spending some time each day decluttering my craft room/supplies. In the process, I unearthed several wood-mount and clear stamps from Art Impressions and used them to create this card for their current challenge “Not Just Paper.”  I had so much fun stamping, coloring, and fussy-cutting the many pieces of this card: background, plus three Front&Back stamps (fence, girl, and cat) then adding "none paper" items: sequin flowers on the front and inside of the card (complete with dots for their centers made with Buttercup Liquid Pearls), and yellow bow added to the flower basket. It took a chunk of time to make, but I like how it turned out and am keeping the stamps for future use!
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including two (Simon Says and Paper Funday) that focus on “Make Your Own Background (I created three scenes on this card- fence front, fence back, and inside of card!)
               
Supplies: 

·   Art Impressions Clear and Wood Mounted stamps- Front&Backs (fence, girl and cat), house, tree and leaves. All retired

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·    Woodgrain paper (backing)-Hobby Lobby

·    Mini Flower Sequins- Simon Says Stamp (Pretty Pink Posh Spring Flowers Mix Sequins)

·    Liquid Pearls-Buttercup (used to create centers for sequin flowers)

·   Front Sentiment- Freebie from Desert Diva (Happy Birthday Special Friend)

·   Inside Sentiment-“ Thinking of You” from Victorine Originals (Company no longer in business)  

·   Strip of yellow ribbon, black ink pad, floral patterned paper (fussy-cut), adhesive and other item/tools from my stash.

Entered into:  
Art Impressions Guest DT Challenge- #387 Not Just Paper      
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Make Your Own Background (in Stamptember) 
Paper Funday- #69 Anything Goes      (Optional Twist: Make Your Own Background)
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge (Happy Birthday)
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes- #104 Sept  

     This is my fourth entry into the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge, which features coffee and/or hot chocolate, plus this month- cookies and/or candy! The cute gingerbread cookies are from a retired  digi set from Beccy’s Place, and the yummy “Smore’s” Hot Chocolate is upcycled from a box of hot chocolate packets.
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Cupcake Inspirations: Favorite Foods (I love hot chocolate, and I love gingerbread cookies. So… win win!!)
Supplies: 

·   Upcycled mug of hot chocolate from Swiss Miss Box

·   Gingerbread cookie digi is from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Set)-Retired

·   Cookies are printed on kraft paper. Shading, highlights and eyes/buttons are colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Inside Sentiment- “Merry” is upcycled from an old card, “Christmas” printed on kraft paper is from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Set)-Retired

·   Patterned paper, adhesive and other item/tools from my stash.

Entered into:  
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge- Sept #33 Coffee + Candy and/or Cookies   
Cupcake Inspirations- #602 Theme Challenge- Favorite Foods    
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Sept  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeSept 2024 Linky

   I’m getting a late start on the monthly Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers (BYSHC) FB group challenge, as this my first entry! But I think it is pretty neat as it features a cute little origami Scotty Dog all decked out for Christmas in a plaid scarf! Oriental Trading Company had set of 12 origami critters on sale a while ago, and I picked up a few. The original scotty is a bit too “blocky” for me… so I did a bit of fussy cutting to add more definition to his shape, and added lots of fur “spikes”! If you are a dog lover, you might want to check out the Joy Clair digi set that includes sweet and punny sentiments and digis.  
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including ABC Christmas Challenge-“T is for traditional Christmas Colours” (Red and Green pop in this card!), and Park Hopping-My Happy Place (I love dogs… and we just rewatched The Secret Life of Pets recently, so that movie was on my mind as I “groomed” this cute little pup!)

Supplies: 
·   Origami Scottie Dog Digi- Oriental Trading Company (Everyday Origami Booklets)
·   Front Sentiment from Joy Clair Designs Digi Set (Dog Gone Christmas)

·   Card Base/Inside Sentiment- From a box of Christmas cards (brand MERI-go round) I found years ago at Goodwill

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·    Woodgrain and holly patterned papers-Hobby Lobby

·   Scrap of plaid gift wrap paper, adhesive and other item/tools from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #665-666
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Sept)     The Secret Life of Pets (Universal Studios) 
ABC Christmas Challenge- S and T are for…?”   T is for Traditional Christmas Colours

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That first card is very impressive Kathy, you've done a brilliant job putting it all together, what a great design! Love your colouring too. The two Christmas cards you made are festive and fun, I particularly like the cute, shaggy dog. Very sweet.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, I love the scenes you've created. Isn't it fun to "rediscover" stamps? Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same girl stamp you used on your first project!!! LOVE. I also love that adorable Christmas card. The gingerbreads are adorable. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gingerbread people - very cute!

    Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!