Tuesday, October 1, 2024

myasperations 10-1-24

   I was recently introduced to Moondrea Designs and love the creations by artist/owner, Andreia Silva. It was so fun coloring this little beauty, which I turned into a little Cinderella, complete with a ruffly light blue dress and beautiful long tresses. 
                                           
Supplies: 
·   Moondrea Designs Etsy Shop (Princess)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Pink heart patterned paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Oval template and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge (Happy Birthday)
Outlawz ChallengeOct 2024 Linky
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #667-668

     I like making Halloween cards, and this adorable ghost digi named Boo Loves Scary Larry from Sweet November Stamp. A free Word program named Paint.net that I downloaded a few years ago helped me to layer Boo and his buddy, plus the pumpkin patch digi over a starry nebula background (find Paint.net link in my supplies list.) You can also find tutorials on the web to use either jpg or png digis and pictures to layer scenes. You can even control the amount of transparency of the backgrounds, hence you can see through little BOO!
     I posted a picture of the layered scene that I was able to just copy, size, and print off. (Note-I added a cropped WM image of this picture to respect the company's copyrights.  I saved the original to my laptop so I can make similar cards in the future and add a smaller WM after I take photos.)
    I posted a picture of the layered scene that I was able to just copy, size, and print off. (Note-I added a cropped WM image of this picture to respect the company's copyrights.  The original I saved to my laptop so that I can make similar cards in the future and add the WM when I’m finished coloring it!!)
    I’m entering this card into several challenges, all related to fall/fall colors, including Colorful Options: October (there are lots of orange pumpkins and leaves  iny card),  Cupcake Inspirations: Colors (Orange, brown and turquoise all appear in my card),  and  Outlaws Color Challenge: Photo Inspiration  (My Halloween themed card that uses all five of the color options!) and Time Out Challenge-based on a Vincent Gogh quote “As Long as Autumn Lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas, and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see.” (This quote it new to me, and it inspires the background sky, colors and entire fall scene!) 
Supplies: 

·   Witches Broom Nebula night sky- from my BING Screensaver Collection

·   Free Paint.net program can be found HERE (you can use it to  add watermarks, layer digis, and more!)

·   Ghost Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Boo Loves Scary Larry)

·   Fence Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Scene Builder-Pumpkin Patch)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: October-Orange    
Cupcake Inspirations- #603 Color Challenge- Orange, brown and turquoise   
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Photo Inspiration  
Time Out Challenge- #273 IBW “As Long as Autumn Lasts”    

Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Oct)    Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.


    I made this final item for the ABC Christmas Challenge, and it meets both of the options: S is for Stencils and/or T is for Traditional Christmas Colours! I have had the hexagonal gift box in my stash for over 20 years. I know that because we used to sell them at the stamp/scrapbook store that I co-owned back in the late 90s! We had a large diecut machine (the original ones with foam and steel dies that were super sharp… and a bit dangerous! This gift box was one of the largest dies that we had… and we cut and sold tons of them! I uncovered a few when I was cleaning/organizing my craft room and decided to put one of them to use. The PSX stamp is from about that same time frame, so seemed like a perfect fit. I came up with what I think is an ingenious way to attach a ribbon/bow to the box, that I share in the photos. (Basically, I made a slit in the top of the box, pulled a pull piece of ribbon through to make a loop, and taped the ends of the ribbon on the inside of the lid. It was then easy to pull the ribbon through and tie the bow.  I also taped the ribbon to the bottom of the box after I tied the bow to hold it in place when the box was opened. An added note- this box is pretty flimsy with regular cardstock, so you might want to use one of the heavier weights of paper, and tape the flaps to the inside of the base to increase the stability and life of the box!)
Supplies: 
·   Hexagonal Gift Box- SVG available on Etsy HERE or a freebie template can be downloaded from HERE

·   Wood Mount Stamp- Row of Santas from PSX (Company no longer in business)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   The stencil I used is from Printworks (a company no longer in business) but if you search for” Striped Stencil on the web, several pop up!

·   Ribbon and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Allsorts Challenge- Week 800-Anything Goes  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #39 AG

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful collection of makes. Thank you for sharing the lovely hexagonal box in the Allsorts 800th Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghost card is so cute and perfect for our challenge at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy, busy as usual Kathy and love the Christmas creation, many thanks for joining in with our 800th challenge at Allsorts.

    Can you mail me please, link on Allsorts sidebar.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful makes. your Christmas box is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun and creative ghost he is!! A great spooky scene!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Colorful Options}
    NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}
    <

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cards!! I love the fun way you used that ghost. So spooky!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning gift box! It's so bright and full of Christmas cheer and the ribbon trick is genius!
    Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!