Sunday, October 20, 2024

myasperations 10-20-24

     For this month’s “Anything Goes” challenge at Sheepski Designs, I created two DT cards with holiday themes.

     The first card spotlights an adorable Santa bear, which I decided to color as a Panda. His arms are piled high with festive gifts.  After coloring and fussy coloring the digi, I adhered him to the front of a gate-fold card, decorated with plaid paper and a vintage Christmas tree scene (sadly, I couldn’t find the source of this scene which I’ve had in my paper crafts collection for several decades. If I can find it in my files, I’ll add that information to this post.) 
     After adhering Santa Bear I added some texture to his hat with Polar White Flower Soft. (I love the fluffy, furry look that this product adds to snowy scenes, winter hats and cuffs, etc.) 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs- Pressie Time

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment- Freebie from Birdscards “From Our House to Yours” (site appears to have closed).

·   Inside Sentiment- upcycled from an old greeting card.  

·   Furry texture added to the hat with Polar White Flower Soft (Used to be available at craft stores, but now I find it HERE)

·   Plaid patterned paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Background scene, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Stop back later!

      The second card features one of my favorite digiis from artist Andrea Norris, a chameleon digi named, appropriately, “Camouflage.” I had fun making a Halloween card with the little reptile and an upcycled calendar page. After printing off, and fussy-cutting the chameleon I lay the digi atop the pumpkin photo and used a pencil to gently sketch where to add the colors and accents. Then came the fun… watching the little critter “disappear” into the background as I filled in the colors! I created the twig and a few leaves with paper scraps, then slid the twig into place between his “toes” and adhered them together. I attached the chameleon and twig to the background, then added the leaves, sentiments and leaves.  And... TaDa!
Supplies: 

·   Background photo- upcycled from an old calendar.

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Camouflage)

·   Shaded and highlighted with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Boo”- Hero Arts Spooky Labels Digi set (no longer available)

·   Front Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (FaBOOlous Halloween)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Stop back later!

      This final card, for Thanksgiving, rounds out the end-of-the-year triad of holidays! I am entering it into the Snippets Challenge, a favorite because it encourages me to use all the lovely paper scraps and upcycled treasures that I hoard… I mean… save… for later use)! I used a video tutorial to make this “Mosaic Card Design.” (I found the technique time-consuming and a little difficult to try to fit all the little snippets together, but I liked the result. THEN… after it was completed, I realized that I had skipped over one important part of the tutorial that would have simplified the process… A LOT! You don’t have to get all the pieces to fit together if you cover the quilted piece with embossing powder, and let heat fill in all the gaps. I finished the card with a stamped basket of apples, and fall/Thanksgiving-themed sentiments and stickers. I love how the color combo and quilted patterns just shout “FALL!”
      PS- I plan to make another one of these cards and actually follow the instructions!  I’ll post the results when finished.  
Supplies: 

·   Quilted background- Mosaic Card Design video tutorial

·   Wicker Basket Filled with Apples Wood-Mount Stamp from PSX Rubber Stamps (company no longer in business.)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen.

·   Front Sentiment- a freebie from TLC Creations (Joyful Thanksgiving)

·   Inside Sentiment- “May your blessings be plentiful” from a Power Poppy Digital Set (Autumns Opulence)

·   Leaf patterned paper and Fall Foliage Stickers from Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Stop back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!