Tuesday, July 16, 2024

myasperations 7-16-24

     This card features a fun Beccy’s Place digi set that I added to my collection early this year. I love that Beccy names all of her characters, and this flamingo-with-attitude is named “Kenneth.” I can just hear Mister Ken posing the question (and statement) on the card front  in his best shame-riddled “church lady voice”?
     I’m entering my card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is another of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. This flamingo card was inspired byKilimanjaro Safari in Animal Kingdom, Disneyworld, FL); And Inspiration Station: Photo Prompt-Beach (my card features a beautiful beach which does not appear to be helping improve this flamingos attitude!)
     An added note- Flamingos fascinate me and I hope to someday see one in person. (Or is it “person to bird”?!) So I did some research and learned here that they “occur in the wild on every continent except for Antarctica and Australia. And birds kept under human care are found in zoological collections across many, many countries.” Plus this site includes a few interesting facts “Flamingos live in flocks called flamboyances, and watching them filter-feed with their heads upside down in the water is a fascinating and memorable sight...
 Supplies: 

·   Precolored Digi and Sentiments from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Flockstar)

·   A bit of highlighting added with Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Floral embellishments- trimmed from patterned paper I’ve had for decades!

·   Upcycled calendar page, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- July  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Summer  (July 2024 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (At The Beach)
Paper Funday- #67 Anything Goes   (Optional Twist: Critter Crazy)

      The current challenge at Simon Says Wednesday is to create a shape card. I raided my stash and used some of my many treasured to create this St. Pat’s Day card, which will be included in one of the gift bags of cards that I’m making up for upcoming weddings. During high school (in the early ‘70s) I worked at a local Pharmacy which sold many items including cards. That is when I started collecting cards including this gift tag from Ambassador which features a Front&Back leprechaun. I cut the little tag in half so that I could adhere the two pieces to a die cut 4 leaf clover to make a table tent card. (Since there are sentiments on both the front and back of the card, the inside of the card is blank so the sender can add note.)
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment “An Irish Blessing” is no longer available. But you can request 3 new versions HERE.  

·   Back Sentiment- “Happy St. Patrick’s Day!” hand-lettered with fine-line Black Sharpie pen

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Get Into Shape! 
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz ChallengeJuly 2024 Linky

      This sweet card is my second entry into Sweet November Stamp‘s monthly FB challenge. After printing and coloring the sweet digi named Emma Everfrost, I trimmed her from the cardstock, gently clipping off her wings. I traced the wings onto to scraps of vellum, adding length to the “insides” of the wings that will allow them to be easily taped to Emma’s back. (Note- I sketched an example of the added length onto the photo with the wings, you can view this on my earlier blog posting of mine HERE.) After the wings were attached to Emma and she was attached to the wintry scene digi, I used my trusty white gel pen to add a small blizzard of hand-sketched snowflakes to Emma’s clothing, hair and wings.
    I’m entering my card into several other challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place, one of my favorite challenges as it has introduces me to many new amusement parks. (I love the whimsical magic of fairies, so would love to one day add a theme park in the Netherlands The Fairytale Forest at Efteling Park to my bucket list!)
Supplies: 

·   Background Scene digi from The Paper Shelter Digi Set (It’s Cold Out There)

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Emma Everfrost)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “You Warm my Heart” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Scrap of vellum and other items from my stash.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #655-656
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #676 (optional twist- Make it Cute 
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #28 AG                                          
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July)  The Fairytale Forest at Efteling Park

8 comments:

  1. Love your flamingo card Kathy - that is priceless. I may have to purchase that set, as I have a gift voucher to her store...
    That St Pat's day card is a cutie - well done on using the tag you purchased, did you say last year???
    The wee fairy looks so gorgeous with her elongated wings
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely work. I saw you on Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quirky flamingo and the sentiment is great! Such a great digi set and one I'm going to have to get. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at The Inspiration Station and Paper Funday Challenges. We look forward to seeing more of your creative designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great group of cards, Kathy. I love your flamingo card. The beach background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flamingo card is awesome Kathy, I love the tropical vibes! The beach scene in the background looks so inviting and I love how you've added the flowers to the centre.
    The St. Patrick's Day card you created is very cute, I love the image. Great idea to cut the card in the shape of a shamrock, and fabulous choice of cardstock too, love the colour.
    Emma Everfrost is lovely, and you've done a beautiful job with the colouring. I like what you did with her wings too, very clever.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet image and beautiful colouring, delightful Christmas card. Thank you for playing along at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card. Well done Thanks for joining us at The outlawz Festive Friday

    Geweldige kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet bij The outlawz Festive Friday
    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls
    Girlz Rebel Challenge
    Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another group pf fantastic creations! Love them all! The shamrock card is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challengs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!