Thursday, July 18, 2024

myasperations 7-18-24

     I enjoyed making this card for the Art Impressions (Ai) “Pockets” challenge. I used an Ai wood-mount Fence stamp to create the “pocket” in which a cute bunny from Di’s Digi Stamps is snuggled down while his little feathered friend parades by! (I wanted to add some "fluff" to his tail, so added a little White 3-D Paint then pressed small bits of cotton from an aspirin bottle to provide the desired texture. I provided a close-up photo so you can see that it does look kinda fluffy!) 

    I’m entering this card into several challenges including Double D’s- Basket Full Of Posies: (I think the little flower stickers on my card look a bit “posie-ish”); Passion for Markers Challenge: Pretty Pastels (except for the bright tulip, I used pastels for most of the coloring I added to the card.) 
Supplies: 

·   Background scene- Upcycled calendar

·   Bunny and Duckling Digi from- Dis Digis-(Bunny Kisses Springtime Wishes) On sale for $1 right now HERE

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Fence Image from Art Impressions (no longer available)

·   Front Sentiment “Happy Easter Everybunny”- Computer Generated

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Handmade by Paula (Thinking of You)

·   Sparkly Flower Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Scribbles Shiny White 3-D Paint  and cotton

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Hand Colored Image
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #748: Pretty Pastels  
The Paper Shelter- #605- Holiday Time  
Double D’s Challenge- Basket Full Of Posies  
Art Impressions Guest DT Challenge- #7 Pockets
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #107 Holiday Time 

     There are several beach-related challenges right now so I pulled out my favorite lighthouse digi, chalks, and white gel pen and got to work. When I was finished adding subtle color and highlights, I added strips of plain vellum and thin strips of sparkly/holographic self-stick laminating sheet to create an illusion of the lighthouse beams.
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Inspiration Station: Photo (I’d love to someday spend time on a beach in NE USA, so this scene looks like heaven to me), and We Love Stamping-Sun, Sea and Sand (This card, with it’s pretty sunset-or sunrise- meets all three of the challenge elements PLUS congratulations as the challenge celebrates its 15th Birthday!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Impression Obsession Digital Stamp (Lighthouse View)

·   Colored with Decorative Chalks and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   I bought the sparkly/holographic clear self-stick laminate several years ago at a craft show. I have seen it on Etsy, and other sources on the web, including Temu. (I’d suggest you avoid buying from Temu as that is a company that is known to be tied to scams and ID theft cases.)

·   Front Sentiment “Let Your Light Shine…”- Lili of the Valley (Inspirational Sentiments)

·   Black photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Scraps of vellum and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Photo Inspiration  
We Love Stamping-Sun, Sea and Sand 15th Birthday!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (At The Beach)
Outlawz ChallengeJuly 2024 Linky  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Add some Sparkle!

     I was introduced to digital images over 10 years ago, and one of my favorite digi companies is named Tiddly Inks (TI). I thought they’d gone out of business a few years ago when their challenge blog closed. However, I was excited to find out that Christy Croll, the artist/owner of Tiddly Inks still sells a nice assortment of her digis in her Etsy shop HERE.) The digi I used is from an older TI digi that includes a giraffe mother and baby. Cristy’s Etsy shop includes the cute baby giraffe in a digi set, with three other baby animals (elephant, chameleon, and sloth) plus assorted embellishments! After coloring and fussy-cutting the little cutie (look at those eyelashes!), I adhered her to a piece of lush foliage paper. A frame and a few foliage sprigs fussy-cut from the paper provide some depth and allows the cute baby to “hide”!
     Note- Christy was kind enough to keep the TI blog open, HERE. It provides a nice assortment of freebies, some great tutorials, a link to the Etsy shop and one to the old TI challenges (which provides wonderful inspiration when using TI digis)
    I did a bit of web research and found a few fun facts about Giraffes. Here- “Like human fingerprints, each giraffe’s spot pattern is completely unique, and no two are the same.” And  Here- “Non-territorial, giraffes are gregarious animals that often live in groups, called towers,(HA!) ranging from 5 or 6 up to 20 individuals. So, if you spot one giraffe you are likely to spot a few more nearby.” 
     I’m entering this card into several challenges Park Hopping-My Happy Place: (I found that there are 27 Six Flags theme Parks across the USA, Canada, and Mexico that provide the chance to see giraffes close up!) and Time Out Challenge- Vacations: (when doing my web research, I discovered a place where I’d LOVE to one day vacation, the Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, where you can actually have breakfast right in your room with giraffes! You can find some fun photos HERE and I pasted one of my favs below.)  
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Tiddly Inks Digi Set (For Reals)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Foliage and woodgrain patterned papers from Hobby Lobby

·   Digi and sentiments are from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gnomes in My Garden)

·   Front Sentiment “What’s Up?”- Imagine That! digi set (Giraffe and Butterflies) (company no longer in business)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #657-658
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #676 (Optional twist- Make it Cute 
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July)  
Time Out Challenge- #268 Vacation  

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful array of cards, thanks for sharing your lovely Lighthouse scene. I love Lighthouses and often wonder how it was to be the keeper of the flame. Thanks for playing along with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenges
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a varied display Kathy, two are such fun and the Lighthouse such a gorgeous scene is the softer muted colours, it's perfect for our theme at We Love Stamping, many thanks for sharing with us there.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous lighthouse card and scene, love how you've done the light coming out. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards Kathy - love the giraffe card in particular, although they are all gorgeous.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I see the fluffy tail, a very nice touch on this pocket card. Lots of interesting elements too. I am so glad that you had time to enter the challenge at Double D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous lighthouse card, and the stripes of holographic laminated paper are a so clever touch!Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!
    Great inspirations also with the other cards, love the cotton tail of the peeking bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that lighthouse card. What clever use of vellum. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping and for joining in with the theme. I am glad you are enjoying your digi stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your lighthouse card, thank yo for joiing the Outlawz Color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful makes, the giraffe is fab. Your lighthouse is stunning. Many thanks for sharing it with us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card, Kathy! Love the way the bunny sits in the fence pocket and fab colouring too..
    Thanks again for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really cute card Kathy. The image is adorable and I love the bunny's fluffy tail. Great colouring too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lighthouse card is fantastic and so perfect for our current theme. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping Challenge Karen DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGoodness what a wonderful collection of projects,
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge,
    we hope to see you in future challenges.
    Keep it Crafty
    Hugs Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card! I especially love your Giraffe! Thanks for joing us at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the coloring on the lighthouse! Thank you for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic creations! Such beauty! Thank you for joining us at The Outlawz Tuesdays Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful set of cards! Your beautiful light house scene is perfect for our challenge. It looks like it comes from an old postcard or calendar. Thanks so much for sharing with us at TO challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful summer evening scene. Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!