Tuesday, July 30, 2024

myasperations 7-30-24

      This is my final entry for the Sweet November Stamps monthly challenge. I love the sweet little Amanita mushroom digi set and had fun using a  free Paint.net program to place this little cutie within a swirly, teal/aqua, background. These muted colors help the little bright red ladybug, which Amanita calls “Friend,” stand out!  


Supplies: 
·  Free Paint.net program can be found HERE (use it to layer digis, add watermarks, and more!)

·   Background- from The Paper Shelter digi set (The Most Adorable Panda)

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Amanita)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Gold and Cream Swirls- upcycled/fussy-cut from wedding invitations

·   Front Sentiment- “Hello Friend” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (True Beauty) Retired

·   Inside Sentiment “You’re So Sweet”” from SnapClickSupply.com digi set (Sweet As Can Bee Word Art)

·   Stickos Ladybug sticker- WalMart

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Friends of Sweet November (FB) July (AG/Christmas in July)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- July  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

      The beautiful pre-colored digi is from one of my favorite FB sites for free digis. Free Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC provides dozens of free sentiments and digis on a regular basis. You can visit the site and join to have access to all the wonderful digis that Paulette offers! (Note-Paulette also has a shop where she sells beautiful sets of digis, and hides some freebies there, too. You can visit it HERE.)
     I printed out, colored and  fussy-cut sweet little Skipper, before adhering her to the beachy scene. When adding sparkle and texture to the waves, I accidentally dropped a small bit of Liquid Pearls onto the right side of her face (next to the gull). When I wiped it off, I smeared her hair, which obliterated a bit of her face. So, I guess you could say she had “work done”?! A bit of puffing up the hair along that side of her face with a fine-line black marker helped clean up my oops. It also makes the rest of her hair look a bit blah, so... I puffed all of it up a bit giving her a headful of curls. Ah well, she is still a beauty!
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Summers Splendor by the Sea by Patricia L. Cisco (my card was inspired by the line of the Poem-Hushing rhythm of the waves and salty, misty ocean sprays.” I added an abundance sparkle to the sprays with Stickles and texture to the waves washing on the beach with White Opal Liquid Pearls), Inspiration Station- Photo: (my card includes a sandy beach, plus since I live in a very landlocked state in the middle of a continent, it inspires a sense of adventure and travel!) and Time Out Challenge- #268 Vacation  (I love spending time at the beach, which is always like a vacation away from the world. Ahhh. Heaven!)   
Supplies: 

·   Beach Postcard- Free Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC (FB) Join HERE,  Then find this digi posted on 6-7-23)

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Skipper)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Liquid Pearls- White Opal

·   Front Sentiment “Mermaid Wishes and Starfish Kisses”- Source Unknown (if you recognize it, please share the info in a comment!)

·   Cardstock, Stickles, and all other items from my stamping stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Summers Splendor by the Sea by Patricia L. Cisco
Time Out Challenge- #268 Vacation    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (At The Beach)
We Love Stamping-Sun, Sea and Sand Happy 15th Birthday!

      The sponsor for the July Outlawz Progressive Challenge is Anne's Digital Art. I had fun using Anne’s cute digi named “Cute Pups” with an assortment of items from my stash to create this card. I wasn’t sure if the pups are Bulldogs or Pugs. Because of their ears, I’m thinking they are Pugs and colored them according to a few photos I found online. I am not thrilled with the results, but after working and reworking the face on the brown one, I finally give up. Perhaps she is going prematurely grey like I did in my early 30’s. (And which I embraced just a few years ago. No more paying for hair coloring every 5 weeks means more $$ for craft supplies!)
     I also figured out the cause of my problem. I just refilled all of my alcohol markers, and think that a few of these laid down a bit more moisture than I’m used to. Once that soaks into the paper, it doesn’t like to budge! I’ll have to use a lighter touch when I work with newly filled markers in the future. I haven't added a sentiment to the inside, yet. Not sure just how I might use it in the future, Wedding, anniversary, Valentines day... time will tell! 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Outlawz July Progressive Challenge-Cute Pups from Anne's Digital Art

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- A freebie from DDDoodles (I Woof You)  

·   Cardfront- box of wedding invitations from the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby last year

·   Doily patterned paper, sparkly gemstone, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (July) Cute Pups from Anne's Digital Art
Outlawz ChallengeJuly 2024 Linky
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #750: Animal Magic  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #657-658
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July)   The Secret Life of Pets

14 comments:

  1. Kathy these are all adorable whimsical cards. Loving the wee mushroom one - you are so clever to be able to merge images - something i have yet to master.
    The mermaid's hair looks fine - a bit windblown, and being de-tangled by the gull :)
    The pups are fabulous - I thought the smaller one may have powdered her nose...
    I have refused to hide my white hair (I am in my 70's), but I did change the side I part it on, and now I have a white streak that is the envy of others when they realise it is 'au-naturale' and not paid for.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the muted colours you did her in and beautiful card thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi back again thanks for also sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sea looks so realistic, Kathy. I love that you made your card into a postcard. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness what a beautiful collection of cards,
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge,
    we hope to see you in future challenges.
    Keep it Crafty
    Hugs Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Kathy, and great colouring as always. I particularly like the way you've done the ocean... all that texture looks fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mermaid card is just so sweet. Thanks for sharing at Festive Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of the cards are terrific, that little mermaid is just the sweetest! Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and we look forward to seeing you again this month!
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenges
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing assortment of fabulous cards Kathy. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card using that super fun pug image, Kathy and I think your colouring is fabulous...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great postcard themed design - fabulous image too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab card Kathy. The pugs are gorgeous and I think your colouring looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Sunday Songs and Rhymes challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!