Friday, July 19, 2024

myasperations 7-19-24

    This is my final entry into Di’s Digi Stamps current challenge, “Hand-Colored Image.”  It features one of Di’s sweet digis that I recently added to my collection. I used the B&W digi, but wanted to embellish the boat with real newspaper scraps. I didn’t have any on hand, so upcycled an old map instead. I wanted the coloring on the digi to be in lighter shades, so opted to color the little sailors with Watercolor Pencils. The background scene is from an upcycled calendar page, and I “grounded” the boat on the water by adding ripples and a reflection in the water with my Sakura white and colored gel pens.  
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including Inspiration Station’s Photo Prompt: Beachy theme (although the beach that is visible in this photo is rocky, I think these two sailor mice are sure to find a stretch of sandy beach along this river, creek or lake along their adventure route. And... both of the cute mice are wearing hats to protect them from the sun) 
Supplies: 
·    Background scene- Upcycled calendar

·    Nautical Digi from Dis Digis (Dreamboat Mice)

·    Colored with Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils and Sakura Glaze gel pens

·    Sentiment “There is one ship…” (divided in half for front and inside of card) from a WeAre3 Digital Sentiment set (Sadly, this wonderful Etsy Shop is closed) 

·    All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Hand Colored Image
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge (Summer Fun)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Summer)
Outlawz ChallengeJuly 2024 Linky
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
 
    I used most of my grad stamps this Spring and like to have a few on hand to add to gift bags…so I printed off a few of my favorite little grad digis, colored, and fussy-cut them. When perched upon a foiled card base (boxed wedding cards I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby), and surrounded by gold stars, this little guy looks ready for a celebration!  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Bugaboo Stamps (Deacon Grad Sitter) Company is no longer in business

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Gold Star Stickers- JoAnnes

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Desert Diva (Congrats You Did It!)

·   Pioneer Gold Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Add some Sparkle!!  
Paper Funday- #67 Anything Goes    

    I wanted to make another card for the current Cupcake Challenge but I don’t have many jungle animal stamps/digis. So… I did a little research and was glad to learn that a frog is classified as an animal, and that there are lots of different types of jungle frogs! Not sure if this is one of them, but one of my young nieces loves frogs so I know that this card will surely make her day. The dragon fly and little frog brads are also sure to fascinate her.
Supplies: 

·   Frog image- upcycled from a card I’ve had in my files for a while (If you recognize and can tell me the name of the company that sells it, I’d love to have that info so I can make more of these cards! Thanks!)

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #598 Theme Challenge- Jungle Animals   
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July)   Dollywood Frogs and Fireflies
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #657-658

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous trio Kathy - love your wee sailors, and the background you gave them :)
    Your wee grad sitting on the gold ball is absolutely wonderful
    The frog card is another beauty - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!