Friday, July 26, 2024

myasperations 7-26-24

      Hello all. I didn’t plan to take a week off… but spending time with Rich, my sweet hubby. has been my priority. As he moves slowly through the last stage of MS, biking, hiking, and going on short road trips are a thing of the past. Now, when he has “good days” we binge-watch movies from our large collection and stream our favorite TV series. Since I have never been able to just sit and watch TV, I spent those hours together getting images colored and fussy-cut while spending many relaxing hours with my bestest friend! (I think we’ve watched our Lord of the Rings Trilogy five or six times over the last few years. Plus all seasons of the amazing detective, Monk, at least four times! Oh, and we've watched Bruce Willis’ Die Hard and Red movies even more often!) Am thankful that Rich was feeling better this AM… so will post two of the cards below. Then, I'll work on finishing more of the partial cards for one of my favorite Christmas in July challenges and post them throughout the day. So… get ready for a flurry of holiday cards to appear before midnight!

     This card features images and sentiments from a cute digi set from Not2Shabby named “Carrots the Bunny.” I decided to make the little bunny into a quilted toy for Carrots. (One of the sentiments inspired me to name him Somebunny!) After printing, coloring and fussy-cutting the two friends and sentiments, I created a standing-shaped card. The final touch was to give Carrots googly eyes. (Because… well… they are googly!!)
Supplies: 

·   Images and sentiments from a Not2Shabby Digi Set (Carrots the Bunny)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Pioneer Clear Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #657-658
Not2Shabby Monthly Challenge- July Mood Board 
       (My card includes all the palette colors-moss green, red, pink, yellow, and lime green.)

     The next two cards were created for the annual Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party!  There are 16 generous sponsors, providing a total of nearly $300 in prizes via random draws after the weeklong challenge ends.

     Since Not2Shabby is one of the sponsors, I used their Carrots the Bunny digi set, turning the images into a Christmas scene.. This time little Somebunny plays the role of a little sibling, peeking from behind Carrots while excitedly, and a bit nervously, meeting Santa. I paper-pieced their sweaters with scraps of holiday plaids and added a red heart to Carrot's sweater.  A dark plaid background helps the adorable pair of bunnies take center stage. (One of the pics shows that I used foam tape on Carrot’s left side to provide depth, firmly placing the little guy behind the protection of his ‘older’ sibling!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Not2Shabby (Carrots the Bunny)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Inside Sentiment-a freebie from LoveSVG  (Believe in the Magic)

This sentiment has been replaced with a few other versions. Click HERE to search for them.

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Christmas in July 2024 Linky Party (via Pinterest)     
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #29 AG                                       
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July)   Bunny Hop
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #107 Holiday Time 

    This is my third entry into the annual Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party!  Angie Blom Digital Designs is one of the sponsors for the BYSHC Christmas in July Linky Party and I had fun using a favorite Angie Blom digi named “Birthday Girl Sass.” The set contains birthday sentiments which all have a snarky sass! It was easy to use the digi for a Christmas-themed card by using traditional red/green coloring, and a festive frame upcycled from the cover of a 6x6 pad of Christmas papers. (No matter the size, I never throw paper pad covers away!) I attempted to color her dress to look like it has a soft lace patterned collar, and a green velvet bodice and skirt. This sentiment has holiday sass, provided a freebie from a favorite free sentiment site. Although the site has not been updated since 2017, its owner, Ginger Brown, has left it open for us to enjoy!
Supplies: 

·   Background frame- upcycled from an old 6x6 paper pad

·   Digi- Angie Blom Digital Designs (Birthday Girl Sass)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Scrap of thin red ribbon and all other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Christmas in July 2024 Linky Party        
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Beautiful Blooms  
ABC Christmas Challenge- O is for Off the Edge
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeJuly 2024 Linky

10 comments:

  1. I adore your cards, Kathy! The last one is hilarious!! I'm so glad you've been able to play along with us over at the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one is so funny! Thanks for playing along with the Christmas in July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy you are so inspirational in how you spend your time with Rich - good days I can understand you sitting colouring while you watch the movies - I used to sit and stitch when sitting with my late DH
    Loving your wee bunnies, and your use of them is fabulous - especially the 'Somebunny' card
    The final one is hilarious - thanks for the smile
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards! Thanks for joining us at BYSHC Christmas in July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilted bunny is adorbs. I love using googly eyes on critters; gives them personality! And your last card is hysterical & fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection, and the sassy Christmas card really did make me smile. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your creative Christmas cards! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Papercraft Challenges at our "Holidays" challenge! Have a fabulous day and happy crafting ;o) Maike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love those bunnies :-) Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun Christmas card. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge this week. Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty Hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!