Monday, April 22, 2024

myasperations 4-22-24

     This is my second entry into Sweet November Stamp‘s monthly FB challenge. After printing and coloring the digi (Emma Everfrost), I trimmed her from the cardstock, gently clipping her wings off in the process. I traced the wings onto two scraps of vellum, adding some length to the “insides” of the wings, allowing them to be easily taped to Emma’s back. (You'll need to cut out two separate wings in vellum. I tried to provide an example of the two sizes by outlining the smaller shape in pink, and the other shape, with the pretty tail, in aqua. (Sorry my outline is so messy, it is hard to use the on-line pencil to do that onto a photo!) adding the additional sections with light pastel dotted lines.) After trimming the two wings from the vellum, I added a layer of frosted window peel & stick to each of them, trimming the extra, then taping the bigger one in place first, then the smaller one so that it shows through the first. I did it wrong the first time, so am hoping this info will save you that trouble.)
Note- I'd found this glittery version of frosted window peel & stick at a hardware store years ago and love the touch of translucent fantasy the sparkly vellum wings add to the card!
     I’m entering my card into several other challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place, one of my favorite challenges as it has introduces me to many new amusement parks.( The little puff-ball owl in Emma’s hug reminds me of Harry Potters owl. So, this card honors Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter.)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Emma Everfrost)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Evergreen patterned paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment “Friends Warm the Heart” from Beccys Place (New Friends) (retired)

·   Inside Sentiment “Merry Christmas” from Eureka Digital Stamps (Currently Not Available)

·   Scrap of vellum and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Friends of Sweet November (FB) April (AG- Pink =2 entries)
{BYSHC} Spring into Christmas 2024 Linky Party        
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (April)       
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #105 Fairies and other Mystical Beings
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)

     Starting to make cards for summer holidays. This digi from Fred She Said is a perfect fit for Mother’s Day. I love using front&back (F&B) images like this one for window cards… or those in which I create a shaped opening. In this case, an oval. I tried two different sizes of the digis and both turned out well with the same cut out oval shape (see photo).
    Here are a few things I’ve learned when working with F&B’s: 1) make sure they are the same height/width when positioning them on the paper so both sides will “line up” when taped within the opening. 2) select a sentiment that is small enough to not “stick out” behind the F&B image. (One reason I like digital images is I can change the size to fit the desired space.)
    I’m entering my card into several other challenges including Path Of Positivity: Power of Words: Love/Relationships (this Mother's Day card strongly speaks of love and relationships. In truth, I learned many lessons about love from watching my mom. She was one of the kindest and considerate people I've ever known!) 

Supplies: 

·   Digi and front sentiment- Fred She Said Digital Stamp (Emma With Sign)

The set comes with front & back digis of Emma holding a blank sign, plus signs with "You are a Blessing!", "Happy Birthday to You!", and "I Love You So Much!" plus a half sheet FULL of flowers (for just $3.50 US)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from LoveSVG (Click link and search for Happy Mothers Day to find current freebies)

·   Oval templates, patterned paper and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge: Love and Friendship 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #643-644
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: April Pastels  

Path Of Positivity Challenge-  #120 Power of Words: Love/Relationships 

      This spring-themed card features two free digis from Beccy’s Place, two sentiments, plus other items from my stash. I like printing “wooden” items on kraft paper so I can add rich wood grain with markers. (When I want to age/weather the look of the wood, I also add a bit of white colored pencil and white gel pen to the pattern.) The original birdhouse digi features a bow, but I wanted a more primitive look, so I trimmed that off and instead framed the birdhouse base with several layers of pretty flowers that Beccy named “Mums Blossoms.” To add some depth and texture, I cut out the entrance hole, added woodgrain to a scrap of kraft and attached it to the back of the birdhouse with foam tape. I cut scraps from a paper bag into thin strips and pushed it down into the birdhouse, showing that nest building is already occurring! A few butterflies finish off the Spring theme card front. And a little pink heart adds color... and some depth of meaning... to the inside Easter sentiment. 
     I’m entering my card into several other challenges including Passion for Markers:Check It Out (the checked background is actually a scrap of lightweight cotton from my sweet mom’s fabric basket. Although she moved to her heavenly mansion many years ago, I still treasure being able to use a few of the items related to the crafts that gave her joy… sewing was one of them!) and Outlawz Sunday Challenge: Calling the Role (this poem is about the awakening of life in the Spring… three of my favorites are flowers, birds and butterflies!)

Supplies: 
·   Birdhouse Digi- Freebie from Beccy’s Place (Birdhouse with Bow) Printed on kraft cardstock
·   Flower Digis- Freebie from Beccy’s Place (Mum’s Blossoms) Printed on white cardstock
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment “Happy Day”- a freebie from maxammadestudio.com
·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy Easter” from Beccys Place digi set (Easter Joy)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- April    Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Calling the Role  
Outlawz ChallengeApril 2024 Linky
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #735: Check It Out 

15 comments:

  1. Fab colouring of that pretty birdhouse image, Kathy - such great texture of the woodgrain. Lovely rustic feel and muted colour tones.
    Thanks again for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous post full of gorgeous cards. I love the birdhouse design and it's perfect for our challenge at Passion for Markers this week. Thank you for joining us there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for linking your card to the BYSHC Spring into Christmas Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable holiday card, Kathy! I love the sweet girl and the owl! Thanks for playing with the Spring into Christmas {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make such beautiful cards Kathy, wonderful colouring, and the cutest images! Love the sparkly fairy wings on Emma, and the pink, twirly dress on the second little girl. The birdhouse looks fantastic decorated with the white flowers... great combo of images!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards! Love what you did with the wings for the holiday card. Thanks for joining us at BYSHC Spring into Christmas Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely cards Kathy - the fairy wings are amazing with that sparkle. You certainly add a lot of gorgeous detail to your cards.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully detailed cards. Love the sparkle of the angel wings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card inside and out! Beautiful papers, digi, and colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to do the wings in vellum and the peel and stick makes them so shiny and pretty. Thanks for playing along with Papercraft Challenges. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many beauties! Thanks for joining us at the Spring Into Christmas Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes challenge, Outlawz Monday greetings and The Paper Shelter. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!