Monday, April 15, 2024

myasperations 4-15-24

      I acquired this fun digi and front sentiment from the QKR/Eureka Challenge where I served as a DT for several years. (Sadly, the challenge is no longer being offered as the owner  is looking for a buyer of their wonderful lines. I do hope they find one soon as they offered so many great rubber, clear and digital images.)  The inside sentiment is from a WeAre3 digi set. (Sadly, I recently discovered that owner Bonnie Kohane closed her WeAre3 Etsy shop last November. I was happy to see that she hosts a FB page, Bonnie Kohane Craft Timewhere she offers a weekly freebie… plus provides a friendly and supportive place to “meet”! I am now a regular visitor!)
       I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Wheel (although a bit more pastel in tone, this card includes several colors from both the top and bottom of the color wheel), Park Hopping-My Happy Place (I used the wonderful “inspiration” listing that sponsor Makira provides, and found that my card fits into one fun ride named  Egg-spress  at Pleasurewood Hills Park, Suffolk, UK)
Supplies: 

·   Instructions for Z-fold card can be found HERE.

·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Front and Back Ducky) (Currently Not Available)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Spring is Just Ducky”- Eureka Digital Stamp (Ducky) (Currently Not Available)

·   Inside Sentiment “Happy Easter” from a WeAre3 Sentiment Set (Sadly, this wonderful Etsy Shop is closed)

·   Easter eggs trimmed from patterned paper- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: April Pastels  
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Color Wheel 
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (April)   
Allsorts Challenge- Week 776 Spring  (Option AG)
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #669 (Optional twist- Any Cute Critter 
   Since I was a DT for QKR (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

    This is my first entry into the Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! The current challenge features a technique that I don’t make very often because I’ve found it to be tedious and messy- Shaker cards. Well… the Butterfly Challenge sponsor, Mrs. A, has changed all that! She provides instructions for making shaker cards that go together quickly and easily! (You can find details HERE!)
     My card features four of the Colors-Electric Yellow, Elegant Rose, Emerald, and Eucalyptus, plus all of the themes- Edge to Edge shaker card, Embossing folder (dotted EF on yellow paper), Embellishments (flower sequins on sentiment) and Butterflies.

Supplies: 

·   Butterfly background- Colorista Free Sampler 1  from Spectrum Noir (no longer available)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front sentiment-  computer generated

·   Double Stick tape and small clear acetate bag, sequins, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #643-644
We Love Stamping-Spring (optional AG)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Interactive

    STAMPlorations is a wonderful family-owned business, and I’ve enjoyed using their stamps, digis, and other products for several years. For this card I used a yummy hot-chocolate filled mug from one of their pre-colored Winter Mugs from the “paper goods” section of the shop. Added to a few related sentiments, plus “chocolate kiss” fingerprints this makes a really sweet card. Get it? Ha!
    (An added note, STAMPlorations artist/owner Shery Russ was diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer a few years ago. You  can read about her journey HERE. Her shop has remained open… in a limited capacity. I just checked, and although the mug I used on my card is not currently available, Shery notes that she is working to get the office machines and equipment up and running so they can be offered again. The site notes that Stamps (clear and digtal) and Dies are available again. They ship worldwide and there is currently a 10% discount on all orders, instantly applied on checkout. So you might want to stop by her shop and check it out!)
Supplies: 

·   Santa Mug Digi- Stamplorations (Winter Mugs-Ephemera)

·   Front Sentiments “Hot Chocolate Wishes and Marshmallow Kisses” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Inside Sentiment “Wishing you a Merry Christmas” from  Imagine That! digis (Sadly, this digi shop is closed)

·   Pioneer Clear Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Holly vellum, and other items from my stash

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeApril 2024 Linky
Paper Funday- #64 Anything Goes      (Optional Twist: Sweet Treats!)
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge- April #28 Coffee and/or Cocoa   
Beccy’s Place Challenge- April   
   Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Kathy, love all the bright and happy colours! The shaker card looks great... wonderful choice of filling, and I like the butterfly background. I like the fold on the Easter card, and of course, it's always nice to see a Christmas project no matter the time of year.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean about shaker cards, but this one is a real stunner Kath and so worth the time, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering the lovely and colourful first card in this post to the Allsorts Challenge - and for using the Spring theme. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love your ducky card, lovely and colourful, fabulous design, the border with the hidden eggs and little ducky is a delight (especially the back view!) Thank you so much for joining in at Crafty Catz.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are absolutely fantastic! The little ducky peeking out from behind is absolutely precious. I agree that shaker cards are tedious; I make very few myself. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place & the Colorful Options Challenge. Have a great day! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ducky card is so much fun, love all the details. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing that lovely spring z card with us at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea We are 3 closed shop, things change so quickly these days. All of your cards are lovely, Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! That little duck is just the cutest...he makes the whole card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful but I LOVE the butterfly card. Your coloring is amazing!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, thanks for joining the Outlawz Tue. Color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a fantastic shaker card love the stamps you have used also the amazing kaleidoscope of colours thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing your fab and fun card with us at Colorful Options.I just adore that cheeky chic peeping out so much fun.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards, and the flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for playing our Flowers challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your projects. Such a wonderful hot chocolate card design.
    Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!