Wednesday, April 17, 2024

myasperations 4-17-24

    This is my final card for the current Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! This card features three of the Colors- Electric Yellow, English Lavendar, Emerald Green  plus three of the themes: Embossing (swirl embossed vellum) Embellishments (black photo corners  and Butterflies.) The yellow one was sketched with a fine-line permanent marker on a scrap of yellow vellum.   I found the light green and lavender butterflies on a scrapbooking site years ago and printed them on vellum (See web link for a free sheet of these butterflies in my supplies list.)
   I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday Challenge: Calling the Role (the poem inspires the flowers and butterfly on my card. To me they reflect the Joy of Spring!)
Supplies: 

·   Vellum Butterflies- freebies from a gorgeous Scrapbooking website HERE.

·   Front Sentiment “With Heartfelt Sympathy”- from Imagine That! (The company no longer in business, and I miss Kris, a lot!) 

·   Inside Sentiment “Wishing You Comfort and Joy”- from Jans Digi Stamps (Basket of Hope) Sadly, company no longer in business.)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Paper Funday- #64 Anything Goes   
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes

    This has been a rough year, with so many talented artists closing their shops. This blog posting makes that so very apparent as three of the digis I am sharing are no longer available- Imagine That!, Jan’s Digi Stamps and now Ching-Chou Kuik joins that growing group. It is so sad to see this happening as these artists have become friends to so many of us. We miss them… and wish them the best in the next step of their lives!
    I had fun creating this monochromatic card using Ching-Chou Kuik’s digi named “Christmas Imprint.”  The elegant background paper is from a place offering a large assortment of freebies (including this set with six different designs).
    I’m entering it into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is one of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. I found two adventure parks that include snow, one is in Florida- Snowcat Ridgeand the other is in western Wisconsin- Badlands Snow Park- which offers 25 snow-covered acres with 7 hills including several of the steepest, tallest, and longest in the country with 5 rope tows during winter months!) and Double D’s Water Related (I'm stretching my interpretation of the theme, which I hope is okay... as my card features the crystalized form of water that I love seeing blanket the earth every winter!)  

Supplies: 

·   Snowflake Digital Background paper- Free set of 6 Designs from Free Pretty Things for You (FPTFY) available HERE

·   Digi- Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps (Christmas Imprint) Sadly Etsy shop is closed.

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Merry Christmas” Sticker from Hobby Lobby

·   Pioneer Silver Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- April-Non-traditional Colors  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: April Pastels  (optional rainbow)      
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (April)   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeApril 2024 Linky
Double D’s ChallengeWater Related  

     I love coffee, and I know that I’m not alone in that passion. So I regularly make coffee-themed cards. This card features one of the first digital images I found on the web. I posted a card made with it on my blog back in May 2017 (HERE.) I also just discovered that it was featured on the Dearie Dolls website HERE so this pudgy little chef has a special place in my heart!  
     The Pop-Up Accordion fold took a little time to put together, but a YouTube tutorial helped with the tedious task and I love the resulting card! Plus, it helped me to use up lots of scraps from my ever-growing collection!
    I’m entering it into several challenges including ABC Christmas Challenge:” H is for Hats” (This cut chef is wearing a hat, which some web research notes is called a Toque and is “an essential symbol of a chef’s expertise and professionalism.”
               
Supplies: 

·    Tutorial for Pop-up Accordion Card HERE

·   Digi- Freebie from Dearie Dolls (Coffee Chef)          

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment "Delicious Christmas Wishes ” -Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers

·   Inside Sentiment- “It’s a Wonderful Life… after Coffee” (From my scrapbook stash).

·   Back Sentiment and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge- April #28 Coffee and/or Cocoa  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #643-644

10 comments:

  1. 💙💙💙 her! She is beautiful! I know the digital artists are having a hard time :(. Thank you for playing with us every month at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Take care! 🎨🎢🌟Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous image! Thanks for joining us over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card inspiring peace and comfort. The design is beautiful with the butterflies and greens. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Twisted Thursdays! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also so sad when artists and challenges close shop. Sometimes I feel our hobby is going by the wayside but I will still continue to make and send snail mail! Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday
    Super leuke kaart. Wauw. Tof dat je meedoet bij Festive Friday
    Lovely card Thanks for entering you card at Pearly Sparkles Challenge
    Geweldige kaart Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Pearly Sparkles Challenge
    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to say snow! Crystaline form of water! Fun card and so glad that you joined us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome surprise of a card which will be loved by the lucky recipient.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful blue lady with us at Colorful Options. So beautifully colored and designed.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, love that accordian style design!
    Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!