Tuesday, April 16, 2024

myasperations 4-16-24

     I created this card to enter into the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge which requires an interactive card. This interactive "flip card" features two (front and back) digi/sentiment images from Eureka Stamps.  I served as a DT for the QKR/Eureka Challenge for several years and was saddened when they closed their online shop last fall. They will re-open if they find a buyer for their stamp lines. I hope that happens, as they offered so many great wood and rubber stamps and digital images.) 
     The light blue star-patterned paper is from a USA Patriotic digi set that Polkadoodles released a few years ago as a freebie. It includes lots of goodies, but I use this paper the most, for many reasons and seasons. I checked and it is still available for just $1.30 in US currency. The link is in my supplies list, plus I posted a WM pic of the set below.)
   I’m entering this card into several challenges including Allsorts Challenge (but instead of making a Spring card, I’m using the optional AG!), Polkadoodles Challenge (mainly because my card features their wonderful paper!), Papercraft Challenges: Fairies and Other Mystical Beings (I think a Wizard falls into that category?)
Supplies: 

·   Digis- Eureka Stamps (One Year Older and Magic Card) (Currently Not Available)

·   Inside Sticker Happy Birthday and sparkly stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Starry paper-Digital download bundle from Polkadoodles (USA 4th July Celebration)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Interactive
Allsorts Challenge- Week 776 Spring  (Using Optional theme of AG)
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #14 AG                                          
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #105 Fairies and Other Mystical Beings

     This is my second entry into the Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs!  This card features three of the Colors: Electric Yellow, Elegant Rose, and Emerald plus three of the themes: Embossing (white embossed rose spray) Embellishments (white photo corners) and Butterflies.    
   I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday Challenge: Calling the Role  (the poem inspires the flowers and butterfly on my card. To me they reflect the Joy of Spring!)

Supplies: 

·   Scripture Freebie from timewarpwife.com printed on vellum (Vintage Floral Wreath-James 4)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Butterfly Digi printed on Vellum- Eureka Stamps (Currently Not Available)

·   White photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   White embossed roses and greenery trimmed from an upcycled wedding card

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Calling the Role    
Outlawz ChallengeApril 2024 Linky
Cupcake Inspirations- #592 Theme  Challenge  (Flowers)   
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #643-644
We Love Stamping-Spring (optional AG)    

    I was happy to discover a few new coffee themed challenges this year. I made this card to fit into two of them: Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge (Coffee and/or hot chocolate  theme) and Christmas Craft Creations challenge (non-traditional colors theme.) A few digi sets from Beccy’s Place provided the yummy mug and sentiments. And, the pretty blue and white Christmas plates on the patterned paper I used for the card remind me of my grandmother's Spode China set that was part of our  holiday feast at my Grandparents farm in Nebraska during my childhood.
   I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (the swirly-twirly shape of the mug holding the yummy beverage makes me think of something you’d see in Dr Seuss Book, so I googled and found a Seuss-inspired park in sunny Florida! Seuss Landing at Universal Studio Orlando!!)
Supplies: 

·   Front Digi from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment  “Sending Love this Christmas” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Season)

·   Inside Sentiment “Sweet Holiday Wishes” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- April-Non-traditional Colors 
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge- April #28 Coffee and/or Cocoa  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- April   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (April)     
Paper Funday- #64 Anything Goes      (Optional Twist: Sweet Treats!)

16 comments:

  1. Must admit I had a giggle at the sentiment on the first card! Your card is fabulous; I love the front and back stamps! Thanks for sharing at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card and love the deep blue! So glad you joined us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Kathy, they always bring a smile. The wizard is fabulous... love the funny sentiment that goes along with him. You did a great job with the fold too, I like how it flips to reveal the "punch-line". The butterfly card is beautiful, you've done a wonderful job with the colouring. I like how the flowers contrast with the old wood background.
    Your final card is also fabulous! I love how shiny you've made all the different candies, and the plates in the background are a wonderful contrast for the cup.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always a lovely display Kathy, the fold for your Allsorts entry is lovely and such a pretty Vintage feel to the one for We Love Stamping, many thanks for joining us at both.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 💙💙💙 all of your cards. Love your choice of background for your gnome; a perfect pairing. You might actually find a cup of coffee like that in Seuss Landing during Christmas. Although my kids are now "too old" for that land; I still love riding the Caro-Seuss-el. Thank you for playing with us every month at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Take care! 🎨🎢🌟Makira

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun and beautiful cards, the wizard card is my favorite, what a great sentiment!! But the others are so pretty too! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful selection of cards here today, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sentiment made me smile - such a great interactive card! Thanks for sharing with us at polkadoodles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great cards Kathy! Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday
    Super leuke kaart. Wauw. Tof dat je meedoet bij Festive Friday
    Lovely card Thanks for entering you card at Pearly Sparkles Challenge
    Geweldige kaart Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Pearly Sparkles Challenge
    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Magician, he's so great. Love your last card too, warm wishes from that one. However, I'm here, with my DT hat on, for your beautiful wreath card, love the images finished off with the embossed flowers. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely collection of cards and all so very different. Thanks for sharing the second one with us at we love stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful designs. Love that peppermint hot cocoa project!
    Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet mug-so festive too! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely card. I love the flower wreath with the butterfly. The colors you used are fabulous. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!