Tuesday, April 2, 2024

myasperations 4-2-24

     This is my second entry into the current Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! The challenge sponsor, Mrs. A, is offering a few changes for the new year. Each challenge will incorporate a letter/sentiment as one of the themes and will include six colors from which to choose. The current challenge features a technique that I haven’t used in some time, Decoupage (3D). I forgot that I enjoyed this technique so much… mainly because it requires lots of fussy-cutting (which I find relaxing!) The sweet little bunny tea party pre-colored digi is from one of my favorite FB sites for free digis that provides dozens... no more like hundreds… of free sentiments and digis every month. You can visit the site here  TLC Creates Vintage and join to gain access to all the wonderful digis that Paulette offers!
      My card features all of the Colors- Dusky Pink, Dark Green, Daffodill, Delft Blue, Dairy Cream, and a few touches of Damson (purplish plum)  plus three of the themes: Decoupage (flowers), Diamonds (gems), and Butterflies.  
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place. (I discovered this challenge last year and it has become a favorite of mine. I’ve learned lots about amusement parks mainly because challenge host, Makira, provides a listing of “inspiration” to help learn more about Amusement Parks around the globe. This card is inspired by the Disney Teacup ride, the Mad Tea Party.)  
Supplies: 

·   Pre-colored Digi and sentiment are freebies from TLC Creates Vintage (You can search to see if still available)

·   Butterflies - freebies from a gorgeous Scrapbooking website HERE.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
We Craft Cards- Woodland Creatures (Real or fantasy)
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (April)      
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Spring (April 2024)
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Happy Easter
Outlawz ChallengeApril 2024 Linky

     My favorite Sketch challenge, Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group (BYSHC) provided my template for this elegant card. The elegant background papers are from a place that offers a nice assortment of freebies (including these two). The sentiment, embossed in silver, was stamped with a wood-mount rubber stamp that I’ve had in my stash for a few decades.
     I’m entering this card into several challenges, including Allsorts Challenge: Keep It Simple (my cards usually have many layers, coloring, and fussy-cutting… so this one went together pretty quickly for me!)
Supplies:

·   Snowflake Digital Background papers- Free digi set of 7 Designs from Free Pretty Things for You (FPTFY) available HERE

·   Front Sentiment “Peace, Love, Joy”- PSX Rubber Stamp (Company no longer in business)

·   Small blue snowflake stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Pioneer Silver Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Silver pigment ink pad, ultra-fine silver embossing folder and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #641-642
Allsorts Challenge- Week 773/4 Keep It Simple         
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #668  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)

   My final card for this posting is for the We Craft Cards challenge inspired by the theater production of  Joseph's Coat of Many Colors. We were to include many bright colors on our creation. I opted to use the actual title of the production as my card's inspiration.  I like how it turned out… but felt it was missing something. A cute little duck left over from making Easter cards was perched on my tabletop, just asking to be added. I think he adds the perfect addition of fun and whimsy to the card!
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Time Out Challenge: Striped (the strips of paper scraps create an unusual striped effect) and Colorful Options Challenge (since the colors on my card are bright, I’m inspired by the rainbow colors vs. pastels.)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Ducky) (Currently Not Available)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- "YOU" hand sketched, then traced onto paper scraps cut into strips

·   Front Sentiment-“… add color to my life”- handwritten

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
We Craft Cards- Josephs Coat of Many Colors
Snippets- Week #477  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: April Pastels  (optional rainbow)       
Time Out Challenge- #260 Striped   

12 comments:

  1. your card is soooooo adorable. I love the sweet decoupaged bunny. Thakyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOrgeous colours and design.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz.
    Chrissyxx
    I LOve to see Christmas cards All year round x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Thank you so much for shout out, Kathy!!! Your card is the sweet version of the March Hare. Love it! Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place and the Colorful Options Challenge. Have a great day! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully colourful snippets card - with the sweet addition of the little duck.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorably cute and precious bunny card for Spring!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I love your beautiful Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at ABC Christmas for the E is for EMBOSSING part of our challenge! :)
    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great St Patrick's Day card, thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Kathy. Your art always makes me smile and I appreciate you so much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a wonderful week and please stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of creative and gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for shairing your stripey card with us at Time Out:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant snippets card Kathy - love how bright and cheerful it is - and the little duckie is adorable!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So creative and cute. Thank you for joining us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable bunny card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!