Tuesday, April 2, 2024

myasperations 4-2-24a

     This is my final entry into the current Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! The current challenge features a technique that I haven’t used in some time, Decoupage (3D). I forgot that I enjoyed this technique so much… mainly because it requires lots of fussy-cutting (which I find relaxing!) The beautiful pre-colored floral digi (I think they might be peonies?) is from one of my favorite FB sites for free digis that provides dozens... no more like hundreds… of free sentiments and digis every month. You can visit the site here  TLC Creates Vintage and join to gain access to all the wonderful digis that Paulette offers!
     My card features four of the Colors- Dusky Pink, Dark Green, Daffodill, Dairy  Cream, plus three of the themes: Decoupage (flowers), Diamonds (gems), and Butterflies.  

Supplies:

·   Pre-colored Digi is from a monthly freebie set of Junk Journal items (March Folio Challenge)   Check to see if still available!

·   Front sentiment is a freebie from TlcCreations (Search HERE to see if it’s still available)

·   Butterflies - freebies from a gorgeous Scrapbooking website HERE.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Spring (April 2024)  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Lots of Layers  
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #668

     For this card, I used a wonderful wood mount Baby Jesus stamp that I’ve had in my stash since the late ’90s. I embossed the stamped image with silver EP on a silver circle tag (also from my stash) and added a bit of color contrast and bling with assorted paper scraps. A few sentiments and the card is ready to add to the packets of all occasion cards I create to give as wedding gifts this Spring and Summer!  
 
Supplies: 

·   Wood Mount Stamp- Denami Designs “Baby Jesus” (retired but have seen on EBay)

·   Front Sentiment- “Christmas Love” freebie from LoveSVG (Sign up for their newsletter to get this freebie HERE.]

·   Inside Sentiment- “Peace on earth” from a Beccy’s Place digi set (Christmas Cardinals)

·    All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #641-642
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)

     STAMPlorations is a wonderful family-owned business, and I’ve enjoyed using their stamps, digis, and other products for several years. For this card, I used a yummy hot-chocolate-filled mug from one of their pre-colored Winter Mugs from the “paper goods” section of the shop. Added to a few related sentiments, plus “chocolate kiss” fingerprints this makes a sweet card!
     (An added note, STAMPlorations artist/owner Shery Russ was diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer a few years ago. You  can read about her journey HERE. Her shop has remained open… in a limited capacity. I just checked, and although the mug I used on my card is not currently available, Shery notes that she is working to get the office machines and equipment up and running so they can be offered again. The site notes that Stamps (clear and digtal) and Dies are available again. They ship worldwide and there is currently a 10% discount on all orders, instantly applied on checkout. So you might want to stop by her shop and check it out!)
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz: Color Wheel (My card features 2 colors from the top of the wheel- blue and green, and 2 from the bottom- red and yellow) and the Park Hopping challenge which has become a favorite as I've learned so much about theme parks across the world. This card reflects one here in the USA that I'd like to visit someday. It is named Santa’s Village and it features Christmas fun all year round!
Supplies: 

·   Santa Mug Digi- Stamplorations (Winter Mugs-Ephemera)

·   Sentiments “Mugs & Kisses” ‘and  “Delicious Christmas Wishes ” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   “Chocolate” fingerprints are mine (made with a brown ink pad… with no finger lickin’ involved!

·   All other items are from my stash. (Oh... and a few chocolate kisses were sacrificed in the making of this card. They were yummy!)

Entered into:  
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Color Wheel (Photo)  
Outlawz ChallengeApril 2024 Linky
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge- April #28 Coffee and/or Cocoa   
Beccy’s Place Challenge- April   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Allsorts Challenge- Week 773/4 Keep It Simple  (Option AG)
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (April)         Santa’s Village

11 comments:

  1. Another beautifully decoupaged card with the pretty roses. Thankyou for spending time in the butterfly garden. Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, starting with my hat straight today Kathy! Another super collection of work, lovely to see you at Allsorts again and what a fin card it is. And I particularly like the Vintage feel to the first.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️❤️❤️ it! This card is fantastic! Love that the card is "kissed" with chocolate finger prints. Too fun! The mug & it's contents reminds me of all the yummy, warm treats available at the parks during the winter season. Thanks for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. 🎨🎢🌟Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Full of holiday sweetness. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful floral card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with the fussy cutting Kathy, your decoupage card is lovely. I would also agree that the flowers are peonies. Love the two Christmas cards you made, both very festive. I particularly like the way you used the wrapping from the chocolate. Clever!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful assortment of cards, each one so nicely designed!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. A amazing collection of cards - your brain must be overflowing with ideas - love it. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, love all your projects. Thanks so much for linking up to the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge and giving Shery and her company a shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, I love your card. Thanks for sharing with the Outlawz Color challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!