Saturday, March 30, 2024

myasperations 3-30-24a

    I was excited to get an email from Gerda Steiner Design (GSD) earlier this month. It included a special WM with an invitation to join an “Easter Egg Hunt” by adding it to any cards made with their wonderful stamps or digis. I made a Christmas using a sweet GSD 3x4 stamp set named "Furry and Bright".  
     To help the colored lights stand out, I stamped the image on monochromatic patterned paper, colored the bulbs with Spectrum Noir markers, and added the soft glowing effect by using cotton-tipped swabs (Q-tips) to add smudges of soft pastel chalks. Photo corners in colors that complement the light bulbs help "frame" the card front! The three sentiments on the card (the "punny" one on the front, and both on the inside) are from the stamp set
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place. I discovered this challenge last year and it has become a favorite of mine. I’ve learned lots about amusement parks mainly because challenge host, Makira, provides a listing of “inspiration” to help learn more about Amusement Parks around the globe. As a grade school student, I remember seeing the always sweet and gracious, Walt Disney, talking about the park he had built in far-off California. It looked both amazing and magical, but little did I know that stray cats actually got to live there! Thanks to a link that Makira posted, I learned about “The Cats of Disney and now you can, too!), and ABC Christmas Challenge: 'F is for Faux' (Christmas bulb “glow” created by chalk smudges… not battery a pack!)

Supplies:
·   Kitty and sentiments are all from Gerda Steiner Designs stamp set Furry and Bright 
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and  
    Decorating Chalk set from CRAF-T Products 

·   Multicolor photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners-13 sheets/13 colors)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
GSD FB page
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (March)     “The Cats of Disney”     
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes-#98 March  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeMarch 2024 Linky

      I’m not usually a stamper who uses Sketches, however, that has changed a bit since I stumbled upon the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group (BYSHC), which inspired this fun card.
    I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Inspiration Station: Photo Prompt (Like the challenge photo, my card has a musical theme) and Christmas Craft Creations challenge: Designer Paper (I used three different papers on my card- woodgrain, music score and red floral.)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Maria Medel Illustration “Angel” (Currently available HERE)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & gold gel pens

·   Front Sentiment “Peace on Earth”- PSX Rubber Stamp (Company no longer in business)

·   Inside Sentiment – upcycled from an old Christmas card

·   Dove Image- from a Stampin' Up wood mount set from the 1990's!

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #43 March 2024         
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #641-642
Di’s Digi Stamps- Lots of Layers  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- March-Designer Paper  

    This digi from Sweet November Stamps was the freebie in a recent monthly newsletter. I'm working on packets of all occasion cards  I create for wedding gifts and this digi, named "Heartly", works beautifully for Valentine's Day cards. Don't you think that any parent, grandparent, auntie, or uncle would love getting a card featuring this little cutie?
    I’m entering this card into Sweet November's monthly challenge on FB, plus  several others including Passion for Markers Challenge: Use 3 of Anything (I had so much fun making this card, that I created three Heartly’s, almost identical except for their hair coloring!) 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Heartly)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #732: Use 3 of Anything 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #668 

12 comments:

  1. You've created such sweet cards, and I love the unique style of each. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Dona xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such super cute cards, Kathy. that first one is even pretty on the inside as well. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always very grateful to have you play along with us. Have a blessed week, my friend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. All amazing cards Kathy, I love the cat on your Christmas card, great insert too. The angel is so cute, love how you used the sketch, with another lovely insert. Your Valentine card is adorable with a really lovely thought, I'm sure the "old" folk will love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fun cute card! Thanks for sharing at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful cards you've created there! Love the young lady with her love-heart! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Passion for Markers. Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute, I completely understand making 3 cards with her! I love that each is subtly different. Thanks for sharing them with us at Passion for Markers.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little angel for your card and lovely designer papers. Thank you for joining in at Christmas Craft Creations. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy! I'm so glad I get to visit your sweet blog again (yes, I am working my way backwards!) to comment on the sweet Gerda Steiner kitty card! I really love how you made the light bulbs glow! Thanks again for joining us at ABC Christmas for the F is for FAUX part of our challenge! :)
    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute cards! Thanks a lot for sharing them with us at Christmas Craft Creations. Lanusia, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!