Friday, March 1, 2024

myasperations 3-1-24

If you are a regular here at my blog, you might know that I regularly donate cards to the drug/alcohol treatment center where I work, so that our clients can keep in touch with loved ones. I’ve recently had requests for kids cards, especially featuring princesses and dinosaurs. Today I spent several happy hours in my craft room, and here are my first three dinosaur cards. (I am striving to get them posted tonight because I can then enter them into the current Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! So better get to typing!)

This first one features a cute digi from Bugaboo (the company closed down a few years ago and I really miss their wonderful team and digis!) I had a scrap of this fun scrapbook paper, and colored the dino to match one of the little images on the paper. Added a bit of fun (gate-fold) and bling (Stickles) to help the big guy shine like the reptile he is! A few additional items from my scrapbook stash and … it’s in the bag!
 Supplies: 
·   Digi with sentiment- Bugaboo Stamps (Dinosaur) Company no longer in business

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- from my scrapbook stash

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Stickles, patterned paper and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- In the Museum  
Outlawz Challenge- March 2024 Linky

     These next two cards feature cut dinosaurs from a Beccy’s Place digi set (sadly it's retired!)  Since I’m planning to make at least a dozen dino cards this weekend, I opted to use pre-colored images for these two cards. (Beccy does such a great job in picking colors and beautifully applying them, so win-win!)
    An added note for the people visiting my blog is to let you know that Beccy is currently holding a retirement sale with a large assortment of digi sets for 50% off. Although this set is no longer available, several of my favs are included in this sale. So… if you check out the listing I have a feeling you’ll want to let a few of them retire to your craft room! The sale ends on March 31st so be sure to check them out HERE!)


Note- When making this card I purposefully left a rectangle of white cardstock behind the dinosaur to cover lettering on the background jungle scene (which I upcycled from a postcard advertisement.) After posting this card, I decided that I didn't like the way the white rectangle stood out, plus I realized that dino's front legs are "floating" in the air. So I added in some foilage and grass with alcohol markers. The colors don't match perfectly, but I wanted to share the final card (partly to show that sometimes my cards get revisions right up to the time they are either mailed or gifted! I also paint acrylic portraits, mainly of people and pets, and often see changes I'd like to make even years after they are "finished"!) 
Supplies: 

·   Pre-colored Digi- from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Prehistoric Party) Retired

·   Sentiments- Freebie from Love SVG (Rawr Means…) A slightly different version can be found HERE.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #588 Dinosaurs  (photo)  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #637-638
Paper Funday- #62 Anything Goes      
      Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize!


 Supplies: 
·   Pre-colored Digi- from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Prehistoric Party ) Retired

·   Sentiments- from my scrapbook stash

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #666 (Optional twist- More Than One Fold 
      Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Monochrome  (greens)

7 comments:

  1. Adorable group of dino cards, Kathy. I'm sure these will be a big hit with the kiddos. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are these cards! I love that you donate them to your center; I'm sure they are very much appreciated and enjoyed by the recipients!! Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursdays! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic trio of dinosaur themed cards, I'm sure they will be very popular . Thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, a wonderful set of dinosaur cards, I am sure they will be appreciated at the centre, love the fancy fold on the first card and the spotty paper behind the third dinosaur, reminds me of bubble wrap. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really ROCKED these dinosaur cards. The orange one is my favorite!!! Great card design on all of your creations. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created some wonderful dinosaur cards, great job on the inside details to! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous creations Kathy, fun with wonderful papers and designs, I'm sure the clients will LOVE them x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!