Monday, March 11, 2024

myasperations 3-11-24

My first card for this post is for the Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! The challenge sponsor, Mrs. A, is offering a few changes for the new year. Each challenge will incorporate a letter/sentiment as one of the themes, and will include six colors from which to choose. The current challenge has a technique that is new to me, creating a cloisonne by embossing onto a magazine or similar type of photo. I was excited to try it… until I discovered that my heat tool has gone “walk about”! I looked for it for quite a while with no luck. But… in the process, I found an unopened package of dainty gold rub-on butterflies… which I think might have even been in one of the wonderful prize packets from Mrs. A (the sponsor of the Butterfly Challenge!) I used an old calendar with colorful pictures, and although it took a bit of experimenting, I ended up with several that look a bit like cloisonne! I wanted to make a really feminine card to enter into We Love Stamping Challenge, so used some delicate dried flowers (dried violets and other blooms from my flower garden in South Dakota about 15 years ago). Paired with doily, pretty patterned paper, gold trimmed ribbon from my stash, and computer-generated sentiments the finished card has a wonderful Victorian feeling!
My card includes three of the featured colors- Camel (dried flowers), Cerise and Cornflower Blue (butterflies), and three of the featured themes- Faux Cloisonne, Circles (the doily, patterns in the doily, and dotted swiss paper) and Butterflies.

Supplies: 
·   Gold Butterfly Rub Ons- (a gift from a past challenge, I think it might have even been from this wonderful challenge host!)

·   Sentiments- Computer generated.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  Butterfly Challenge
The Paper Shelter- In a Garden
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #637-638
We Love Stamping-Feminine  (optional AG)
Double D’s Challenge- First Signs of Spring 
Paper Funday- #63 Anything Goes      

Since I was running late at getting things posted last night, I added the next two cards to my Pinterest page. Decided to also post them here... so today's blog is aflutter with butterflies!! 
I need to get to work... but will return later today to fill in supplies used on these cards. 

   This one features four of the required colors- Blue, Camel, Cerise, and Celadon, plus circles, butterflies (a small one on the inside made with the cloisonne technique), and Congratulations.


   This one features the following colors- cornflower blue, celadon, cerise, and canary plus the themes- congratulations, circles, 
butterflies, and cloisonne technique.



11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty Butterfly card and as always lovely to see you at We Love Stamping, but not sure if anything is stamped (at least one element must be to qualify), I thought the sentiments maybe but you say they are computer generated.

    But still plenty of time to join in again and hope you will.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, thanks so much for your note. And I apologize for my oops. Trying to do too many things quickly does not always work with this aging brain! And I WILL join your challenge again!

      Delete
    2. Oh... and I did just delete my oops entry!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely card, Kathy. Love it! So glad you joined our latest challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Thanks so much for joining at The Paper Shelter challenge. Good luck with your entry. Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have captured the cloisonne effect perfectly with the butterfly and yes the card does have a Victorian feel to it. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back again to say thankyou for the two further cards that you have entered in the butterfly garden. So pleased you showed them here as I do not have Pininterest and cannot comment on there. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challlenge.
    Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank you for sending me that Wisconsin sunshine, Kathy! And for sharing this GORGEOUS butterfly!! I love them almost as much as sunshine! lol
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so pretty. I will have to try the cloisonne technique, sounds interesting. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and please share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, beautifully put together too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!